PDA

View Full Version : Warning 2013 touraeg

paulocallaghan
27th December, 2014, 06:06 PM
I tried 2 do mileage correction on 2013 Touareg today with new dp3 program , after 5 mins Dp3 went to Can time out message and killed the Dash , , I'd imagine Audi A6 would have the same problem , so be aware of it guys

teerak2uk
27th December, 2014, 06:19 PM
Dp3 meaning digiprog?

PremierD
27th December, 2014, 06:22 PM
I would hazard a guess that its the all singing and all dancing Diaprog .... lol

paulocallaghan
27th December, 2014, 06:45 PM
Elprosys DP3

tunertool
27th December, 2014, 07:00 PM
Is this using the new update that does the dash fully OBD? or using old EEPROM prepare method?

paulocallaghan
27th December, 2014, 07:12 PM
Uhis was using the new update which is supposed to let you do the job fully by ODB2

tunertool
27th December, 2014, 07:34 PM
Ah damn guess im stripping them out tomorrow then :P

javyb
27th December, 2014, 08:39 PM
So the dash is damaged now? Did u try clearing errors and disconnecting battery

paulocallaghan
28th December, 2014, 12:08 PM
Tried clearing errors, but vcds wouldn't communicate with the jeep

Rtronics
28th December, 2014, 12:18 PM
Disconnect battery for a few minutes dash should come back to life with the changed kilometers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

paulocallaghan
28th December, 2014, 12:36 PM
I'm gonna try that in morning ., does passenger seat need removing to disconnect battery

TULGEYWOODMAN
28th December, 2014, 12:45 PM
I'm gonna try that in morning ., does passenger seat need removing to disconnect battery

Try removing the dash fuse, (red one)

TIP.
Never be the first to test updates from ANY manufacturer!

paulocallaghan
28th December, 2014, 06:00 PM
Horray , sorted , I took off the battery leads for 5minutes , reconnected and hey Presto the dash clock came back to life , what a relief , the mileage didn't change but what the hell, I was happy to cut my ties

javyb
28th December, 2014, 07:57 PM
Horray , sorted , I took off the battery leads for 5minutes , reconnected and hey Presto the dash clock came back to life , what a relief , the mileage didn't change but what the hell, I was happy to cut my ties
You try changing mileage again? Or not gonna risk it [emoji4]

Rtronics
29th December, 2014, 12:12 AM
I did it with carprog and it worked. Via online function. Scary thing for me is I had no option to read and save before changing. That would have been a nice thoughtful option to have. Just in case to revert back.

paulocallaghan
29th December, 2014, 10:46 AM
Nope I didn't try to change again , it probably would have worked but I was so sick of this job I didn't really care

paulocallaghan
29th December, 2014, 11:36 AM
Didn't try changing mileage again , it probably would have worked but I was happy to cut my ties

antibisic
29th December, 2014, 11:46 AM
I did it with carprog and it worked. Via online function. Scary thing for me is I had no option to read and save before changing. That would have been a nice thoughtful option to have. Just in case to revert back.

Carprog works obd this car?

overs0ull
29th December, 2014, 05:54 PM
With old method of preparating the eeprom firs and after that via obd ,i make few passat 2009 and few touregs and not have problem but with this method and DP3 pdf manual and all fine i never try to do it via obd cause after that all go to the hell .....somethime disconect the battery haelp but not all the time .

dashtec
30th December, 2014, 12:59 AM
You pay so much for updates that don't work and get you into a lot of sh*t

FxShaw
30th December, 2014, 01:10 AM

Carprog current support for this vehicle is 2007-2010..I think you getting this mixed up with Touran.

autofan1965
30th December, 2014, 01:53 AM
With old method of preparating the eeprom firs and after that via obd ,i make few passat 2009 and few touregs and not have problem but with this method and DP3 pdf manual and all fine i never try to do it via obd cause after that all go to the hell .....somethime disconect the battery haelp but not all the time .

Passat have complete diffrent clusters as Touareg.

TULGEYWOODMAN
30th December, 2014, 01:55 PM

It's a pity you never just took the dash fuse out........10 seconds, then try again and it will change

TULGEYWOODMAN
30th December, 2014, 01:56 PM
You pay so much for updates that don't work and get you into a lot of sh*t

But also make you lots of $$$$$$$

TULGEYWOODMAN
30th December, 2014, 01:58 PM
Nope I didn't try to change again , it probably would have worked but I was so sick of this job I didn't really care
Tell him to jump on the ferry and I will do it.......but it's ?200 for these.

paulocallaghan
30th December, 2014, 01:58 PM
This customer was a proper Psychopath , I was taking no chances with this guy

TULGEYWOODMAN
30th December, 2014, 02:19 PM
ha ha did you wish him happy new year?

A dead rat wired on the exhaust manifold always gets a good response.

FxShaw
30th December, 2014, 03:45 PM
ha ha did you wish him happy new year?

A dead rat wired on the exhaust manifold always gets a good response.

So umm is that a tested solution for the dead rat? Can you please post test result please :D

TULGEYWOODMAN
30th December, 2014, 05:11 PM
So umm is that a tested solution for the dead rat? Can you please post test result please :D

Yes the test result was, watering eyes,followed by feeling sick and eventually passing out.

rukartinatv
30th December, 2014, 09:44 PM
Carprog you can do 2013
with out eprom prepare?

cokolo
31st December, 2014, 02:53 PM
Carprog you can do 2013
with out eprom prepare?
I have last update and not possible to make odo after 2010 year