PDA

View Full Version : Panda 1.2 my 2011 euro5 - power loss moving with full throttle and middle rpm

teoturo
30th December, 2014, 12:45 PM
I changed my workshop?s car from a Panda euro4 my2008 to a Panda euro5 my2011. I immediately noticed a strange behaviour:
- if you drive normally, car runs perfectly
- if you give full throttle when you start moving, car accelerates, then engine reacts exactly as it would be if you leave the gas, then suddenly starts accelerating and goes perfectly until high rpm

This is very annoying, it seems when you give full gas at low rpm, at middle rpm you get a cut for 1/2 seconds and then car starts again to accelerate.

I compared my car with several cars from customers and noticed the behaviour is exactly the same for all euro5 fiat 1.2 engines, both benzin and natural power. I suppose this is just a strategy to limit emissions. A Fiat mechanic confirmed everything: all euro5 1.2 engines have the same behaviour.

Can somebody help me solving this problem? Old euro4 engines didn't have such problems.

Attached id and original dump.

ominimicu
30th December, 2014, 12:48 PM
happens to lot of gas , normal aspirated engines! it s a sudden lack of power due to sudden increase in vacuum. too much air out of the sudden and takes time to compensate with fuel. so engine starves for a moment.
maybe increasing fuel will compensate a bit