PDA

View Full Version : bsl mode in st10f272 cpu in haldex gen4 controller? read 256kb iflash

k0mpresd
31st December, 2014, 12:01 PM
has anyone been able to read/write iflash or enter bsl mode on st10f272 cpu in the haldex gen4 controller?
i have tried st10 flasher tool pulling p0l.4 lo using 1k-2k ohm resistor but st10 flash tool still complains about no bsl response with 12v/ground applied to standard ignition/ground pins on the connecter.
with no 12v/ground applied st10 flasher says 0xe6 instead of 0x5a response received.
i assume the response with no 12v applied is a false response because of cpu/flash controller not being powered up correctly.
datasheet says bsl mode should receive and respond to commands via tx/rx and can via bsl mode.

any info on putting st10f cpu into bsl mode is much appreciated.

pics of board and/or datasheet can be suppied.

i would also be interested in a programmer that can read/write st10f272 cpu. beeprog2 only lists 269 and 275 cpus.

veloseeped
31st December, 2014, 11:21 PM
any info on putting st10f cpu into bsl mode is much appreciated.

272/273 devices have a read flash protection features.
Maybe it's your case. I saw this feature activated on pnevmo level control units Audi cars.
Devices shown the same behaviour in BSL mode.
See datasheets

5.5 Protection strategy

The protection bits are stored in Non Volatile Flash cells inside IFLASH module, that areread once at reset and stored in 4 Volatile registers. Before they are read from the NonVolatile cells, all the available protections are forced active during reset.The protections can be programmed using the Set Protection operation (see Flash ControlRegisters paragraph), that can be executed from all the internal or external memoriesexcept from the Flash itself.Two kind of protections are available: write protections to avoid unwanted writings andaccess protections to avoid piracy. In next paragraphs all different level of protections are
shown, and architecture limitations are highlighted as well.

Trying to write into the access protected Flash from internal RAM or external memories willbe unsuccessful. Trying to read into the access protected Flash from internal RAM orexternal memories will output a dummy data (software trap 0x009Bh).When the Flash module is protected in access, also the data access through PEC of aperipheral is forbidden. To read/write data in PEC mode from/to a protected Bank, first it is
necessary to temporary unprotect the Flash module.