PDA

View Full Version : Amir Khan kicks butt again

wommer
22nd June, 2008, 10:49 AM
Anyone see the Amir Khan fight last night. The guy beats Gomez in 5 rounds and they say he still has a lot of work to do. Wonder if he will be as good as Naseem Hammed. Any thoughts?

satman
22nd June, 2008, 12:26 PM
Anyone see the Amir Khan fight last night. The guy beats Gomez in 5 rounds and they say he still has a lot of work to do. Wonder if he will be as good as Naseem Hammed. Any thoughts?

personally i think his fights have been very hand picked,,, and he wouldnt dream of giving willie limmond a rematch... ( ok he beat him but struggled badly ),, and soon as he up against a real fighter who can take a barrage of weak but fast punches he will be beaten,.

thommo
22nd June, 2008, 01:53 PM
i agree the guy he fought was good back in his day but not now so it was another fight he was always going to win.

until he gets in with a current top guy i say he's still a joke and wont take him seriously.

if he gets in with the top guys and wins then fair do's i wont knock the guy but all the hype at the min is utter rubbish, i didnt even bother watching it last night i went to play xbox online, thats how much draw the guy has.

he's the lightweight audley harrison if you ask me, all piss and wind, look at the hype harrison got then look at him now.

as said i wont knock him if he does the business with the good fighters.

mik25
23rd June, 2008, 06:57 PM
i look forward to the day i see khan knocked out by the first decent fighter he meets and then he too will realise he's all just hype.

smirnoff_rules
23rd June, 2008, 08:35 PM
anyone of u fine chaps or ladys have a link to the fight . l missed it with the footy going over time lol ...cheers

thommo
24th June, 2008, 12:44 PM
youtube mate, i missed it live because of the footy, i youtubed it and its on there in 3 parts.

smirnoff_rules
24th June, 2008, 02:10 PM
some links here if anyones missed it

kevinly
1st July, 2008, 11:44 PM
Well, Gomez was never a top top fighter. Gomez is at the end of his career and isn't as good as he once was. Amir had him in athleticism and size (extreme weight cutting). Amir has still a long way to go, he needs to box top competition before he can be considered legit.

dvds72
8th July, 2008, 12:41 AM
he is the man