PDA

View Full Version : dreambox 800hd

LENNY1
14th July, 2009, 07:46 AM
had to reset box having problem with motor set up .have read 2tone set up guide ,set up 28e,19e,13e, but motor wont lock on to 13e.in set up page theres a set limits parameter do i need to set any thing here.been trying to set this up for two weeks any help please.thanks

art15t
15th July, 2009, 08:20 AM
had to reset box having problem with motor set up .have read 2tone set up guide ,set up 28e,19e,13e, but motor wont lock on to 13e.in set up page theres a set limits parameter do i need to set any thing here.been trying to set this up for two weeks any help please.thanks

Hi Lenny,

It sounds like your dish allignment is out. I suggest you get back up the ladders and start from fresh mate. As with all motorised installations it is paramount that:

Your polar mount is absolutely vertical
Your motor is in line with dish when at zero degrees. You can do this by either using a V-bracket motor or making sure that the seam line on the motot arm is central to the clamps.
You've set your latitude correctly on the motor bracket
Set your dish elevation circa the 20 degree mark. Make sure the bolts are slightly loose so you can adjust the elevation to peak on the signal.
Make sure the LNB is also loosely tightened as you'll need to rotate it slightly off vertical to get the polorization correct. Trust me if this is incorrect you'll get no signal at all or you'll loose valuable gain. However, as your getting a lock on 28.2 and 19.2 east the main culprits right now are the pole mount and the dish NOT being inline with motor arm
Now depending on what sort of meter (or not) you have. For most of us in the England, Wales & Scotland we use Thor 1w as our reference/setup sat. If you have a meter that will send the motor to 1w then fine, if not ...use the reciever to send the dish to 1w making sure that you have set your long and lat into the setup.
Ok so your motor is slackened off at the pole. Using a compass move the dish in the direction of due south. Now again, if you have a good meter that will eventually get a lock as you move it to 1w. Once you have a lock gently tighten the clamps evenly on each nut so as not to pull the dish to one side. If you haven't got and expensive meter, you should at the very least have a cheapo meter ...OR all importantly a mate standing by the receiver/TV with a good set of lungs so he/she can shout when the signal peaks.
IF you have a good lock on 1w, the pole is vertical and the dish in line with the motor, then with your long/lat set in the receiver everything should be bob on!
Hope you get it sorted mate. That's how I do it but there's a very good illistrated guide here:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/installing-motor-photos-519/

If you're still struggling then I suggest you draw an arc on a piece of A4 and map out the sats you get a lock on. Doing this is a good start on where your installation is out. If you're only getting a couple of sats close together it's pointing to the fact that you probably got a lock on an incorrect sat to start with or also which way the pole is leaning to the side, front or back.

...oh and make sure your spirit level is properly calibrated too!

LENNY1
15th July, 2009, 08:01 PM
thanks for reply with try weekend to check motor & dish settings but not sure what to do or if any with set limits parameter in positioner set up thanks again

.: JaCkPoT :.
16th July, 2009, 12:50 AM
Disable all limits! Then set Them again accordingly

LENNY1
16th July, 2009, 07:27 AM
thanks jacpot i know this sounds newbie but what should i set limits at or what are they for cant find any threads for this problem any help please

art15t
17th July, 2009, 07:24 AM
thanks jacpot i know this sounds newbie but what should i set limits at or what are they for cant find any threads for this problem any help please

Don't set any limits just yet Lenny. Limits are safety settings that you set east and west so as to stop you accidentally turning the dish too far in one direction. i.e Your dish might be limited to one side by something like the roof or wall. Putting a limit at a certain degree will override your command to send it past that limit and possibly damaging the gearing in the motor.

Like JaCkPoT says disable any limits as you may have accidentally set a limit at 19.2e and that's why it won't lock on 13e

LENNY1
17th July, 2009, 06:01 PM
art15t thanks for reply just looking at positioner set up page-set limits-ie red limitits off-green limit west-yellow limit east -blue limits on if i press red i assume limits with dish off i have no problem with obstruction of dish so i assume when dish & box ok set end stops to end sats thanks again