PDA

View Full Version : DM800HDse problem

gfrree
6th January, 2015, 12:22 PM
Hello, hope someone can help.
I have a genuine Dreambox 800HDse and recently changed from open pli to a Newnigma 2 image.
It worked fine for 2 weeks, apart from not being able to download plugins as it said the flash was too full.
A couple of days ago the screen went blank and it froze on trying to re-boot it.
I tried to re-flash an image but, despite the box seemingly going into flash mode (on the front panel display) the flash screen did not display on my computer.
I cannot now do anything with the box.
Any suggestions as to a solution would be gratefully received.
cheers all,
gfrree :distress:

PremierD
6th January, 2015, 01:08 PM
:eek: your posting ... :afraid:

gfrree
6th January, 2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the idea, hadn't thought of that. Will give it a go, but why should the browser I've used several times before suddenly not work? I still think it's the box.

chriskross
6th January, 2015, 03:42 PM
remove the tuner and boot the box again.
i had this problem with a faulty tuner. the box was rebooting always.

gfrree
6th January, 2015, 05:30 PM
Thanks chriskross. I have tried your suggestion without success.
The problem is not that it keeps re-booting, it just won't boot up at all. It freezes on the "please wait" screen.
When I try to re-flash an image (in the hope of fixing the problem) I just get the "Dreambox Webcontrol" screen trying to load in my browser, rather than the "Flash Image" screen.

gfrree
23rd January, 2015, 05:51 PM
Just to let you all know, I managed to revive the box using a mini USB cable connection and the DreamUp software. When I did finally get the flash screen up in my browser I got a message saying my box "may not have a valid operating system installed". Any suggestions on how to rectify this? I have installed the Newnigma2 image and it seems to be working ok apart from not being able to locate new plugins on the on-line feed.
cheers
gfrree