PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 500HD

boffino
14th July, 2009, 02:11 PM
Anyone know where I can get my hands on a 500HD ?.

opsmonkey
14th July, 2009, 03:54 PM
Its not out yet.. pre-order only from

http://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk/

boothuk
15th July, 2009, 11:47 PM
that site is a ~~~~in rip off!

firestorm
16th July, 2009, 12:17 AM
i have bought from them and had no problems you may have to pay a few quid more but you are not going to end up with a clone with no guarantee

opsmonkey
16th July, 2009, 12:56 AM
that site is a ~~~~in rip off!

thats how much genuine dreamboxes are..

opsmonkey
16th July, 2009, 01:05 AM
nice. Are you sure 500HDs aren't out yet? oh well.

im sure.. hence why you can only pre-order them..

jse
16th July, 2009, 03:55 AM
pretty damn cool

premlimbu
16th July, 2009, 12:20 PM
hellow how do i able to watch $ sign from DM100.is there any one can help me to install a sufware to watch all channels? please help me

westkill
16th July, 2009, 02:12 PM
Oh ok, fair enough. Is there much difference between the higher end DB's and their clones?

as you say the higher end dreamboxes i would not buy a clone you would end up with bootloader problems box crashing on newer images,then hassle of getting it replaced and posting a clone back to were ever it came from to replace it.
you would spend more time fixing it than enjoying it :hmmmm2:

opsmonkey
16th July, 2009, 04:34 PM
Oh ok, fair enough. Is there much difference between the higher end DB's and their clones?

i've a genuine D500S i got it a few years back before DMM stopped making them.. I've never had any trouble with it (touchwood).. If it broke tomorrow id replace it with a Blackbox 500S with no worries as this clone is just as good if not a bit better as it has uprated parts.. I wouldnt replace it with a fake Dreambox 500S.. i.e. a clone badged up as a genuine one.

If i was replacing my D500S with a higher end box i would not even entertain the though of buying a Dreambox badged copy of say a D600 or D800.. As Westkill says you'd spend more time cocking about trying to sort it than actually being able to watch it..

krazylegz
16th July, 2009, 04:39 PM
a blackbox has exactly the same internal parts as a clone dreambox so the chances of killing a blackbox or eagle are just as great as a clone box badged as a dreambox;)

.: JaCkPoT :.
16th July, 2009, 08:58 PM
a blackbox has exactly the same internal parts as a clone dreambox so the chances of killing a blackbox or eagle are just as great as a clone box badged as a dreambox;)

exaclty what i thought! I think blackboxes look tacky!

2tone
18th July, 2009, 07:58 AM
If your looking to get a 500 pre order you can bet sms will be the first in the uk to have stock so you will be in with the first to get that's if you want to be cant see there being much of a price move on it as they will sell like hot cakes dream also have a very big following as well so you can be sure of it

KMM
10th December, 2009, 04:15 PM
i asked tem today they saying they will be coming out near xmass :giveup:

Sat-Shop
10th December, 2009, 04:22 PM
January is the date we've been given, we've added them to the site but we're not taking pre-orders until we have a definate date, but anyone is welcome to contact us to register their interest and we'll be in touch as and when we have some news...

portbhoy
10th December, 2009, 04:29 PM
On a completely different reciever do you have any idea when the technomate HD linux box will be in stock?

Sat-Shop
10th December, 2009, 04:36 PM
Again the date is expected as Jan 2010 but this one is still a bit sketchy, based on TM600 (but obviously HD) and possibly 3 versions to choose from, but nothing has been given as a definate yet, again we'll happily post details as and when we get anything...