PDA

View Full Version : M8 TV Box driving me crazy

adewolves
20th January, 2015, 12:26 PM
I recently bought an M8 Android TV Box with preinstalloed addons. For the love of god I couldn't get any of the video addons to work, audio ones wre fine. It basically went like this. I'd click on a video addon, then Id got through the usual routine, say click movies, then it would give me more options, so Id say click latest releases or popular or maybe highest rated...you know the drill, but as soon as I clicked any of those in any video addon I would be greeted by a blank page, it's doing my head in. I reset the box back to factory settings in the end and reinstalled fusion so I had all the addons I wanted but I still get the same result...for god sake someone help.

Ive been using XBMC for ages on my android phone via wifi and internet data with no problems. I have bt infinity but my home hub is am Hub 3 so doesn't have smart start up that Im aware so it can't be that. I had another one of these M8 boxes a while back that worked perfectly so I don't have a clue whats wrong. Ive had lots of help off this forum in the past heres hoping my luck continues.

taffydav
20th January, 2015, 05:36 PM
I bet its primewire your tryin to access m8 if so go to y/tube for fix if not post wot addons your tryin to access and if I can help will do m8

adewolves
21st January, 2015, 07:38 PM
None of them work mate inc that one. Icefilms go movies go tv no video addons will work.

joshua99
21st January, 2015, 07:50 PM
Hi, sounds daft but is the clock showing the right time? is the rss feed scrolling along the bottom? the reason I ask is I had a similar problem a while ago & with a home hub 3 I tried all sorts & in the end all I had to do was reboot the router & all was well. I've never had any problems at all until I got bt in. Hope this helps.
P.S. same box preloaded with Droidsticks.

adewolves
25th January, 2015, 07:49 PM
Sorry for delay in replyiing I work nights. Yes mate the rss feeds are scrolling accross the bottom and I rebooted the router but still the video addons won't work. Im at a loss here, it sure must be something in the settings thats wrong. Its set to dhcp is that correct or should it be static ip...probably just clutching at straws because its driving me nuts.

sossybaby
25th January, 2015, 08:47 PM
Are you using a VPN.
my m8 box switches on by itself and is doing my head in.

adewolves
26th January, 2015, 10:43 PM
It seems bt have blocked the addons I didn't know this. I got myself a vpn and now all sorted.

redders1974
27th January, 2015, 11:43 PM
Are you using a VPN.
my m8 box switches on by itself and is doing my head in.

mine does this just wondering how did you sort it? and sometimes my sound goes off so i have to reboot it any ideas? thanks

baldybear
4th February, 2015, 08:23 PM
ive got one of these intended it for the room but all i get on navi x is a few movies and a few cartoons.no live tv at all
could vermin have some sort of block on it

kurrdogg
9th February, 2015, 09:41 PM
hi there i had the same problem ....
you have to go to system settings
video
then acceleration
ware it says decoding method make sure it says hardware accelerated that cured my problem

sossybaby
15th February, 2015, 08:35 PM
mine does this just wondering how did you sort it? and sometimes my sound goes off so i have to reboot it any ideas? thanks

i upgraded the firmware. 20150127 zip.
seems fine now.

janushaan
15th February, 2015, 08:54 PM
install kodi??