PDA

View Full Version : 2006 VW Jetta Cluster Swap

JandJSpeedShop
22nd January, 2015, 06:28 PM
I have a car here right now that has a power issue with the cluster with it flashing/surging. I ordered a replacement cluster from a local auto recycler but I can't get the cluster to learn any keys and the IMMO is keeping the car from running. I used a Super Vag K+CAN to adjust the mileage and that worked just fine. I also have a direct eeprom reader. Is there anyway to physically swap the EEPROM or a way to copy and paste the valves into the replacement cluster so the IMMO works and the car runs??

dave11674
22nd January, 2015, 07:57 PM
what is the mcu and eep in the dashbaords ?
is it micronas and 24c32 ?

dave

JandJSpeedShop
23rd January, 2015, 02:45 AM
Yes it is micronas and 24c32

JandJSpeedShop
24th January, 2015, 01:44 AM
There must be an easy inexpensive solution to this problem

yugo45
24th January, 2015, 04:07 AM
The cheapest way to do this is to read Flash and eeprom for both clusters with X-Prog and post it here. Only eeprom can not do anything.
And NO , Swap eeprom will not work on this cluster,

JandJSpeedShop
27th January, 2015, 01:46 AM
The cheapest way to do this is to read Flash and eeprom for both clusters with X-Prog and post it here. Only eeprom can not do anything.
And NO , Swap eeprom will not work on this cluster,

Yugo45 I appreciate you trying to help. Reading the 24c32 eeprom is no problem and I can post both files. However I don't have anything to read the Micronas processor? Any idea on cheaper solution to read this device?

XmoDDeR
27th January, 2015, 04:07 PM
yo jay i hit u on skype

yugo45
27th January, 2015, 04:53 PM
Yugo45 I appreciate you trying to help. Reading the 24c32 eeprom is no problem and I can post both files. However I don't have anything to read the Micronas processor? Any idea on cheaper solution to read this device?

I told you , X-Prog.

JandJSpeedShop
3rd February, 2015, 06:08 PM
Will swapping the EEPROM along with the Micronas work??

potatodog
3rd February, 2015, 07:13 PM
If is same HW, yes

JandJSpeedShop
3rd February, 2015, 07:53 PM
If is same HW, yes

You mean the same ID numbers on the chips? They are different but the boards are the same. I already moved them but now the dash is dead. So either it doesn't work or I fried the Micronas

potatodog
3rd February, 2015, 08:14 PM
You mean the same ID numbers on the chips?

Yes, PCB and all components must be the same.

satellitedream
3rd February, 2015, 09:01 PM
a 2 second solution is carprog, takes litterly 30 seconds, read immo data by obd and write immo data by obd to donor cluster, transfers SKC, keys, vin and milleage have done a few and never an issue

ganker69
3rd February, 2015, 09:49 PM
I did it few days ago with VCDS, u need to know pin from old cluser / ecu, and pin from new Cluster, follow the procedure found at ross tech, automatcly transfers sec bytes, mac etc... from engine ecu to new dash than just adapt keys with old pin from ecu B.r. Ganker

JandJSpeedShop
4th February, 2015, 06:27 PM
Okay will carprog help me if the old cluster doesn't work or power up. I did however manage to read the PIN from it

satellitedream
4th February, 2015, 09:24 PM
no, if the old cluster does not communicate then you can't use carprog, you have to read micronas and eeprom then and copy over. Actually if you have the pin from the old, you just have to get pin from new and do procedure immo 4 cluster swap from rosstech using VCDS and your done

yugo45
5th February, 2015, 04:23 AM
Okay will carprog help me if the old cluster doesn't work or power up. I did however manage to read the PIN from it

None of the OBD tools will be able to read original dash, you have to read MCU and eeprom then after that data has to be decrypt .

The one thing you need to know about this, There is not cheap way to fix this,
Either you need to buy good tool,and spend some good amount of money or send it to someone who can do this job.
It has been 2 weeks since you have this problem and many solution was given to you to help you. Now you have to decide what to do , spend money on tool or have someone else do it.

ganker69
5th February, 2015, 09:13 AM
mate if you have old and new pin, dont bother yourself just adapt it using vcds! (old pin can be found in engine control unit)...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_IV_Immobilizer_Swapping_%28Instrument_ Cluster%29 B.r Ganker

yugo45
5th February, 2015, 04:46 PM
mate if you have old and new pin, dont bother yourself just adapt it using vcds! (old pin can be found in engine control unit)...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_IV_Immobilizer_Swapping_%28Instrument_ Cluster%29 B.r Ganker
VCDS will not work on this car, this is dash after 2006.
Like I said above he has to have some very good tool to be able to do this. With tools that he has, he can not do nothing.