obdsystems
27th January, 2015, 11:17 PM
------------------------------------

whiskeyman
28th January, 2015, 12:34 AM
note taken thanks for share

rapidlocksmiths
28th January, 2015, 12:42 AM
ive done 13 audi A3 and TT to date with the keydiy 8PO remote , 12 successes and a single failure only , but the failure programmed into the next vehicle without issue , so on this one i coded in an original remote from stock and put it down to experience .

all my tools , equipment and kit have failed on a job at some point , doesnt make them crap , to get the perfect kit you need perfect people to make and use it , no kit and no person is perfect , these frustrations we sadly live with.

cqae
28th January, 2015, 02:52 AM
double check you have updated it mate. About 6 months ago I had problems with an A3 that was the same age. Couldnt program it. I emailed keydiy & they confirmed there was an issue & have since updated it. I've since done 4-5 with no problems.

And I have to agree with Rapid, no tool is perfect, but KD900, given its price & cost of remotes its pretty good & works more often than it fails.

obdsystems
28th January, 2015, 10:02 AM
Yeah just annoyed at the time guys. obviously not crap lol
Expect update could of cured it.

Still, its made me think now - always have an original fob in stock just-in-case

cqae
28th January, 2015, 10:28 PM
probably a good idea on the ones you have issues with, but Ive found it pretty good with VAG & use it to cover a broad range of stock without to carry it.

But I definately agree how frustrating it can be when you program one up & cant get it to work! drives me crazy!

rapidlocksmiths
28th January, 2015, 11:19 PM
maybe theres an issue with the china market kd300 on the 8p remote in uk that isnt so on the euro market kd200 and kd900 as most are programming these 8p remotes without issue ? i dont know as i have the uk kd200 and uk kd900 units which seems to be reliable on these , if your unit is faulty then you need to take this up with your supplier

turboracing
1st February, 2015, 11:44 AM
no there is no problem on mine kd300 program 8p keys :burnout:

totalkey
1st February, 2015, 12:08 PM
Also my kd300 working perfect!

obdsystems
1st February, 2015, 02:53 PM
if I had updated kit probably 8P fob would of been ok now.

Recommend people carry an original fob just-in-case
(and keep up-to-date)

- As all aftermarket tools, sometimes there are gaps/bugs. Its un-avoidable lol

autofan1965
1st February, 2015, 03:27 PM

(and keep up-to-date)

It is not problem of aftermarket tools. It is problem of any complex tool.

turboracing
1st February, 2015, 10:53 PM
Any off you here have experience or testet the new type keys for ex fiat ?

jimmykey
3rd February, 2015, 10:18 AM

(and keep up-to-date)

you need ask your supplier asap.
if u have problem at the first second, then u need call them and can be resolved in 3 minutes.
of course u need ask the real supplier not the chinese cheap seller.

obdsystems
3rd February, 2015, 09:46 PM
Guys, look, i know all your recommendations -

Aftermarket kit will always be behind/more bugs than main-dealer cos no bugger at manufacturer gives datasheets etc.

Great kit KD200/KD300/KD900 but it'll have bugs. You should have backup just-in-case. That's my recommendation -

Get over it lol

PS.
heard KD300 will become incompatible with future releases as distributors are pissed off with people buying from china
maybe true/may not :)