PDA

View Full Version : wiped data

hotgoblin
15th July, 2009, 08:57 PM
every time i use tomtom home program it seems to wipe all my added extras does this mean i will have to just run unit as an extra drive rather than use home programe
thanks

rhyssecond
15th July, 2009, 11:13 PM
every time i use tomtom home program it seems to wipe all my added extras does this mean i will have to just run unit as an extra drive rather than use home programe
thanks

It's best, before you connect to TT Home, to make a new folder and back-up the entire contents of your Tomtom. If you then find that data is lost, just replace the contents from your back-up file. Before you connect your TT to do this, ensure that TT home is closed from the taskbar.
I'm guessing that you are connecting to TT Home to get the 'GPS fix' and 'Mapshare' downloads,(as I do), so don't use the TT backup facility, don't share your speedcam files(Tomtom won't like that), and don't rate them when you are looking at the poi download page.
It is also worth running a spyware and anti-virus scan on your Tomtom as even brand new Tomtoms have been known to carry Trojans.- Mine did.
Since taking the above precautions, I have had no problem when connecting to TT home for mapshare.
I hope this helps you to get your Tomtom running the way you want.