PDA

View Full Version : bsm 407 bsm hdi not starting

kentrinite
2nd February, 2015, 05:17 PM
I have a peugeot 407 hdi I had an electrical problem since he did not start the engine I had to change the engine computer then until the BSM but its still not running the engine I do not know if then someone have an ideahttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=297606&stc=1http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=297607&stc=1

kentrinite
2nd February, 2015, 05:42 PM
Hi everyone, just bought a 2006 407 1.6 HDI 136hp as a non starter,
here is the problem:
the engine wont turn over when i turn the key, i have tested the starter motor and it works fine, however, when i run a wire from the battery + to the starter motor it turns over but wont start, this means the starter motor is good, but the car wont start?
i have done a diagnostic check on the car and its coming up with a few faults, mainly:
on the engine ECU test: it comes up with, engine control unit locked: yes
however, on the immobilser code, it says transponder code correctly recognised and all is matching ok
on the BSI test it comes up with: No communication with the engine control unit
the car has been damaged on the front nearside, which is where the engine fusebox and ECU are located, however, i cant see any obvious physical damage to these two
i am not sure if the fault is with the BSI or the ECU, any ideas how i can find out ? i guess i can use the same second hand BSI just to test and see if the starter turns

Dunker
2nd February, 2015, 07:19 PM
The ECU can't see the IMMO data from the BSI. Check for a wiring fault between the BSI and the ECU on the CAN bus. Are there any fault codes on the ECU regarding communication with the ABS module? According to the wiring diagram the ABS unit is T'd from the CAN bus lines between the BSI and ECU but maybe this is wrong and the CAN bus actually goes through the ABS module to get from the BSI to the ECU.

kentrinite
2nd February, 2015, 10:06 PM
the battery does not signal on the dashboard but is powered ALTERNATOR

plagu
3rd February, 2015, 08:24 AM
is it 1.6 or 2.0 (there is no such thing 1.6hdi 136) does anything else works wipers signals eg? or is it just non starter, if the can is missing between bsm and bsi then there should be also some other failures.

kentrinite
3rd February, 2015, 07:22 PM
gives all except the glow plug and alternator which do not signal in the dashboard

plagu
3rd February, 2015, 09:32 PM
there is communication fault between cabin and engine bay, check wiring.