PDA

View Full Version : Get Well Soon GMB45

elplicko
3rd February, 2015, 02:49 PM
I found out earlier that duffer (gmb45) suffered mild heart attack (if there is such a thing) last night and has currently in hospital and has just had some repair work done to his artery. he's mingin on morphine and agreed for me to let everyone on DK know whats happened.I will keep you all informed on his condition when he contacts me and have no doubt he will be here talking utter pish before long
I know you will all join me wishing him a speedy recovery

get well soon ya manky mingin owd basad

maca
3rd February, 2015, 03:07 PM
Give him my best wishes elp hope he has a speedy recovery ..

elplicko
3rd February, 2015, 03:18 PM
will do maca :top:

gopher7
3rd February, 2015, 03:50 PM
Get well soon @GMB45. :encouragement:

WOODWARD395
3rd February, 2015, 04:05 PM
Hope your up and running around soon m8.

so get well soon.

ontherack
3rd February, 2015, 07:01 PM
marvellous what they can do these days, a stent or two keeps the undertaker away, good luck with physio and recovery mate

daithi
3rd February, 2015, 07:19 PM
get well soon buddy all the best

Meat-Head
3rd February, 2015, 07:29 PM
marvellous what they can do these days, a stent or two keeps the undertaker away, good luck with physio and recovery mate

Oh dear, at least he's alive and kicking.

rumor has it above post is correct, had a customer in, 1975 model, went to ER With chest painS, tied to desk. CUT open two bits of hose pipe futted, common fault.

did hear about somebody dropping dead, just one exhaust port on his heart blocked with a bit of carbon or something.

get well soon mate

skywash
3rd February, 2015, 09:28 PM
anything for a bit of limelight whinging old bassad get well soon m8 elp feeling lonely no one can talk shite like you lol

PremierD
3rd February, 2015, 09:31 PM
Had three myself mate ... its no big deal ....:)... but get back soon .

Johnner
3rd February, 2015, 09:33 PM
Had three myself mate ... its no big deal ....:)... but get back soon .

It was all that stick swinging you were doing !!!! That painting will be the death of you !!

Elric
3rd February, 2015, 09:38 PM
maybe he doing a dryathlon for a month
get well soon gimp

ifred
3rd February, 2015, 09:50 PM
Best wishes Mate get well soon.
Then you can come and give the wise-crackers on DK a hard time :idea:

Meat-Head
3rd February, 2015, 11:20 PM
Had three myself mate ... n .

Nice to hear their not rashend, got couple of non paying customers can have one.

GastonJ
4th February, 2015, 12:14 AM
:eek: get well soon gduff, otherwise the local offies will go broke :D Seriously, get well soon m8 :)

satsmo
4th February, 2015, 12:22 AM
All the best mate, get well soon and we will get the rocking chair ready for you in the staff room :)

Hope it's a swift and good recovery....take care of yourself.

martij976
4th February, 2015, 03:16 AM
Sorry to hear that! Wishing easy recovery and fast comeback m8 gmb45 !!

badapple
4th February, 2015, 04:32 AM
Sorry to hear you are unwell GMB45.
Hope you make a full recovery soon.
Have some well deserved rest, chill out, recharge your batteries
& come back soon.
All the best m8.

joe516
4th February, 2015, 04:46 AM
Get well soon @GMB45

ecufix
4th February, 2015, 08:12 AM
Speedy recovery and all good wishes ,regards

Devilfish
4th February, 2015, 01:22 PM
Get well soon mate...take it easy for a while!

smoggy
4th February, 2015, 01:33 PM
@GMB45

wishing you a speedy recovery

regards...smoggy

aftermath
4th February, 2015, 03:00 PM
get well soon Duf, i just found out. I jokingly asked duffer if you had got a job , because i noticed the chat box was quite, then i seen this.

Mjolinor
4th February, 2015, 10:52 PM
FFS come back. It's sad watching the crap you two talk clogging up the SB but it's even worse when elpless does it on his own.

Saltire
5th February, 2015, 06:07 AM
GM , mind I told ye I had one of those things too mate ?

well ye will be brand new man and I canny wait tae sit on here with you and the other PT's for mer laughs mate, so hurry up man, you will be fine :)

zaphodbb
5th February, 2015, 06:08 AM
Get well soon m8, I pity the nurses myself you talking shite and trying to cop a feel hmm.

elplicko
5th February, 2015, 07:49 AM
UPDATE looks like the manky owd pt basad will be thrown oot hospital today, he will no doubt be back spammin threads soon :top:

joe516
5th February, 2015, 08:02 AM
UPDATE looks like the manky owd pt basad will be thrown oot hospital today, he will no doubt be back spammin threads soon :top:

cheers for the update m8

topclef
5th February, 2015, 08:33 AM
Hope you make a full recovery soon m8
thanks for the update elplicko (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/60790-elplicko) :excitement:

leotheloin
5th February, 2015, 12:46 PM
Great to see that update elpicko,, best wishes GMB45 whit your recovery

gopher7
5th February, 2015, 03:37 PM

Hospital must need the bed for someone who is really ill. :)

DOUGALMCD
5th February, 2015, 05:56 PM
I haven't been on in a while sorry to hear you've been unwell I wish you a speedy recovery gm. Best wishes.

andy91
5th February, 2015, 06:05 PM
Only just seen this get well duffer and hope to see you up and about.

Andy

Meat-Head
5th February, 2015, 07:36 PM
Did the hospital say what kind of warranty on the repairs?
parts and labor?

gmb45
5th February, 2015, 08:08 PM
am back :biggrin: cheers fur the words means a lot that me dk muckers rooting fur me :top:

it all started monday night.....got into me pish pit aboot 9 and was ok, aboot 10 started to feel a bit pat n mick, 10pm was giving it some :puke:, aboot 1am was getting some chest pain hmmm, thought it was prob a chest infection, on and off all night i had pain and puking, gets to aboot 7am and was ok :hmmmm: 8am pain becoming epic but was on and off, so phoned docs, they said phone an ambulance to get an ecg, they came and guess what no pain ffs, but while they was taking an ecg i had the worse pain ever, paramedic was like :eek: looking at the ecg graph, his m8 then phone city hozzy cardiac unit and i was there in 10 mins, 6 staff waiting fur me when i got there, i was straight in and the job was done in an hour, had to monitor me for 2 days with all the drugs etc, 10/10 for the nhs staff defo no pish, pt walks on hold fur a month tho :bawling: thanks again for the epic words really does mean a lot to me, reet of in the sb to talk some epic pish.

Meat-Head
5th February, 2015, 08:18 PM
Good, nice to hear the blood Waggon was ready to go.

rumor has it, you only have 3 minuets off line Befire brain damage occurs.

credit to the lasy sodd who said call 911

gmb45
5th February, 2015, 08:25 PM
cant fault any one from start to finish, from phoning the docs to coming home, nhs staff the best, let this be a warning to all reading, if you get chest pain phone the docs or 999, the paramedics will do an ecg an can rule out the heart just by looking at the graph, and dont think you will be wasting their time, its best to be safe than broon bread init, i didnt know i was having an heart attack i put it down to a chest infection !!!

Meat-Head
5th February, 2015, 09:09 PM
Rumor also has it if in say 30 years time you go to differant quack, test your blood they know you had one, don't think u csn donate blood anymore

andy91
5th February, 2015, 10:24 PM
City Hospital do a great job my daughter works at the Queens. Thank god you are the lucky one was at my mrs step fathers funeral on Tuesday and he died of a heart attack.
Really hope you take heed of the warning, I lost my old man at 54 he also had a heart attack at 37.
Really hope this is a kick up the backside mate,

Andy

gmb45
6th February, 2015, 07:47 AM
City Hospital do a great job my daughter works at the Queens. Thank god you are the lucky one was at my mrs step fathers funeral on Tuesday and he died of a heart attack.
Really hope you take heed of the warning, I lost my old man at 54 he also had a heart attack at 37.
Really hope this is a kick up the backside mate,

Andy yeh makes you think m8, lost my dad at 61 same thing, fags are the first thing i cant just stop so soon as i can get oot to the ecig shop thats the first thing on the shopping list, beers not a prob really as i dont drink that much nowdays, as for mine n duffers pt walks the doc said give it a couple of weeks then get back out there, but it will be a month as i cant drive for a month :frown:

joe516
6th February, 2015, 08:50 AM
best wishes GMB45 whit your recovery

ifred
6th February, 2015, 10:37 AM
Seezzh mate that's a big trick to get a lot of nurse attention :nurse::nurse: couldn't you just stub your toe of summat!

Seriously please to see you back on-line:excitement:
The Forum had a large flat line graph stop there, thought MH ishit failure was going to take us all down !!!!!

DOUGALMCD
6th February, 2015, 11:29 AM
Glad to hear your out gm. I hope you don't bother with the ecig either find something else to do with your hands as that's the only problem I had I kept searching for lighter and fag packet. Everytime you feel you want a puff remember yourself it can kill you. Also take a good look around you at your family and remember it's worth holding on to mate. Good luck.

aftermath
6th February, 2015, 12:12 PM
duf, make sure you put duffer through a first aid course, be handy on PT walk when it goes tits up..

GastonJ
6th February, 2015, 07:43 PM
duf, make sure you put duffer through a first aid course, be handy on PT walk when it goes tits up..

or tits down if he falls face first :)

If you're out in the middle of nowhere walking you should both do a first aid course. Not sure I'd trust either with a defibrillator though :)

M T Glass
6th February, 2015, 10:05 PM
Haven't been here for a week. Sorry to hear GMB but glad your back home and on the mend.
I would think that all your hill walking stood to you so take it easy and then hit the fresh high air again a step at a time.

ifred
7th February, 2015, 01:52 PM
or tits down if he falls face first :)

If you're out in the middle of nowhere walking you should both do a first aid course. Not sure I'd trust either with a defibrillator though :)

I wouldn't trust anyone on here with a defibrillator! not sure you'd know where to shove it :rofl:
much simpler to let Meat bump start you with a set of jump leads, least your ecu will be reprogrammed even if its the wrong model!

Hope GMB your upto speed soon :encouragement:

Meat-Head
7th February, 2015, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't trust anyone on here with a defibrillator! n :encouragement:

Theres one by the door of Meat-City-Car-Parts.com Think what idea is, you walk in off the street aim for parts, *HOT* bird gives you a heart attack, you fall back onto flower pot, the van sales man jumps up off his desk, grabs defribulator, makes you buy a van then jumps you off.

had a pair of the ends to play with as a kid from a junk shop.

excuse INFERIOR links but worth a giggle

http://www.foodbeast.com/2012/11/18/resuscitate-your-breakfast-with-this-defibrillator-toaster/

https://thetfp.com/tfp/general-discussion/45558-defibrillator-spark-sets-patient-fire.html#axzz3R4JoRtJh

martij976
8th February, 2015, 01:34 AM
Glad to see You back GMB45 m8!! Now take it easy and rest a lot.
Those fags killing us I know. After my daughter was born I start
to have an feeling that I need to quit that crap for good. Now after
hearing Your story I'm twice concern and worm digging in my head.
Hope we can handle that stupid habit and live longer for those who
need us. Take care m8! Crossing fingers! Get well!

digicon
9th February, 2015, 08:28 PM
Been away for a little winter jolly break and all hell breaks loose LOL.

Just extremely glad to see your AOK gmb45 DK would not be the same without you.

Speedy Recovery and best wishes

gmb45
9th February, 2015, 08:34 PM
had cardiac nurse ring today to check up on me, and the district nurse came today was here hour n half, she coming every week from now on, will be getting appointment for cardiac physio soon not sure what thats all about, think they being a bit over careful tbh but will go see what its all about, cheers for asking digi :top:

Meat-Head
9th February, 2015, 08:47 PM
will be getting appointment for cardiac physio :top:

Standard init duff, nothing new there

griff
9th February, 2015, 09:27 PM
Glad you are ok gm [emoji106] all the best

xant14
10th February, 2015, 05:49 AM
Bloody El! Only just seen this thread. Sorry to hear the bad news GMB, heres me worrying about trivial shite like where to get me movies from and in the background is 100 fold more serious shite going on.
Glad you made a good recovery mate. Don't give us any more scares.

joe516
10th February, 2015, 07:53 AM
all the best m8

Vixen
10th February, 2015, 05:36 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear that your not well gmb . Wishing you a speedy recover. Hey I will be around a lot more so can keep you company. hmmm lol there again it might make you unwell again lol. I am a first aider so can always give you the kiss of life just a thought lol

Elric
10th February, 2015, 05:43 PM
I am a first aider so can always give you the kiss of life just a thought lol

:puke: :puke:

just stick an airline down throat

Johnner
14th February, 2015, 02:18 AM
I am a first aider so can always give you the kiss of life just a thought lol

Hooray !!! Might shut him up for a few brief minutes !!

ecufix
14th February, 2015, 08:17 AM
Great to hear you feeling better gmb45 hope you not missing them morphine shots ,regards

gmb45
14th February, 2015, 08:18 AM
Hooray !!! Might shut him up for a few brief minutes !! dont bank on that m8 :biggrin:

gmb45
14th February, 2015, 08:21 AM
got an ecig now vic lent me one, going ok atm but just started on it so getting bit of getting used to, so far only had 4 fags since 1pm yesterday so thats a massive improvement on like 30-40 rollies a day :top:i also walk to tespish every day which is a mile each way so i can resume the pt walks next month :biggrin:

Meat-Head
14th February, 2015, 12:40 PM
got an ecig now vic lent me one, h :biggrin:

1) poundland sell them
2) Vic mjmolianer or my imganary friend Vic the pub singer?
3) walk to tesco fir beer and fags
4) how the hell do you manage to get up so early, nearly midday I'm still in bed on iShit

xant14
16th February, 2015, 08:49 AM
Whats the district nurse like? Get a boner when she comes? or is she a Hattie Jacques look-a-like?
Mind, you probably get a boner over Hattie anyway.

gmb45
16th February, 2015, 08:53 AM
as a nurse shes great, as a bird ya would want to knock one oot over :puke:

Johnner
18th February, 2015, 12:16 AM
And start the whole process all over again ???? :eek:

GastonJ
18th February, 2015, 07:58 PM
At least we know he'll never recover mentally, although how would we know the difference? :roflmao:

Johnner
18th February, 2015, 08:07 PM
How's that possible then Gas ? He was never there to start with :eek: