PDA

View Full Version : Renault espace 2.0DCi writing problem

Fec001
6th February, 2015, 02:00 PM
Hi!
I wrote mod file with Galetto v54 EU. After get DTC about injector coding (that's ok, no problem recode injectros) and Glow plug wrong configuration error.
DTC: P1670, DF1069: Glow plugs not configured ow wrong config.
Anyone knows solution or only CAN clip what can help me?

ecutuners
6th February, 2015, 02:21 PM
If you made backup of inj data (eeprom) you can restore it after writing mod file then will be ok

Fec001
6th February, 2015, 02:32 PM
it just read injectors coding data, first two line. All other is FF in eprom what galetto read. But I didn't do that because for EDC16CP33 program guide didn't warned me :S

Babos
6th February, 2015, 02:54 PM
Hi i do lot test with that ecu and can say if eeprom is ok you can write codes back in ecu via fgtech without problem! but if eeprom is damage and in codes is AAAAAA Fgtech not write back codes and renault clip to not help and tech2 to cant write back that codes!! For the moment is all what i can say from my test.

I can fix that problem with other way.

Fec001
6th February, 2015, 04:32 PM
my problem is not the injector codes. There is something problem with glow plug configuration.

EDIT:

Solved with CAN Clip!! When all went back to normal and no DTC. Did injector codings data read and save with galetto. After write mod file again, injector coding and glow plug configuration lost. Write back injector coding data but glow plug configuration stayed lost. So programming this car/ECU always comes with glow plug config. lost, even if you had save injector coding data.

chiptuningmaha
6th February, 2015, 07:21 PM
my problem is not the injector codes. There is something problem with glow plug configuration.

EDIT:

Solved with CAN Clip!! When all went back to normal and no DTC. Did injector codings data read and save with galetto. After write mod file again, injector coding and glow plug configuration lost. Write back injector coding data but glow plug configuration stayed lost. So programming this car/ECU always comes with glow plug config. lost, even if you had save injector coding data.

yes it is true, sometimes need reprograming glow plug (short or long) and always use only CLIP

austingreen
10th February, 2015, 04:11 AM

EDIT:

Clone can clip?

jordiksvk
3rd September, 2016, 07:32 PM
please could you sent to me right eeprom?
the best is bad and good eep...
thanx

Timmermans
21st February, 2019, 03:40 PM
Hello,

I have the same problem, cleaned an egr valve, and read out the file to put all egr to 0, wrote the file, and i know have the fault df1069 and also another in the ABS ecu DF037, both configuration errors.
Car is a renault espace (grand) 2.0 dci 150 hp 2007 edc16cp3

Like the program told me I read first the injector codes, i also don't have fault codes on that. (after putting stock file back it's also the same)

I can read out the configuration with my maxisys 908pro (autel) diagnostic tool, but i can't change settings, apparently this is only possible for renault they told me.
Alientech themself tell me they never had these problems.
If i new before i could copy the configuration (that's possible with my diagnostic tool) then it was also good.

How have you really solved this now? Did you go to renault or with a can clip clone? If so wich one is good...
(i allready called renault but they are also not so helpfull)

Timmermans
22nd February, 2019, 11:42 AM
Anyone else who can help me further with this?
At renault dealers all they say is a complete update of ecu and that it's not possbile to just configure the ecu to tell what sort of glow plugs or abs ,....
Only problem is that most of them i have to wait a few weeks to test.

I found someone with original clip tool, but no connection to renault network, he says also he can't update the ecu, or change configuration

Timmermans
25th February, 2019, 09:24 PM
I just went to renault, and we recoded the ecu.

The strange thing is, this car doens't have the extra heating glow plugs in the cooling circuit (i first tought the fault code was about the glow plugs, but that was wrong), and in the configuration it was also NO.

Now we have changed it to Yes, and then you have to choose slow or fast , we chosed slow, and all fault codes are gone.

fabbyekins
8th March, 2019, 10:52 PM
Hi,

This "problem" dates from 2006-2007 when bosch discontinued the production of the slow glow plugs.
There are two glow plugs types, with different working voltage.

- Glow plug with a black ring --> 11 volts (this one is the old version and it was discontinued)
- The one with a white ring --> 7 volts (pretty much all M9R engines from 2007 - 2015 where fitted with this type)

Be careful, if your engine is fitted with fast glow plugs (white ring) and in the ECU is configured to work with slow glow plugs, 100% will damage your glow plugs.
This may also lead to severe engine damage if the tip of the glow will brake and fall into cylinder.
I strongly advice you to check which type of glow plugs do you have and configure the ECU accordingly.

PS: I'm pretty sure you have the additional glow plugs fitted on the cooling system, they contribute to lover the pollution.
On older Renault cars they can't be diagnosed using the diagnostic tool, simply the ECU doesn't know they are there.