PDA

View Full Version : Steering lock passat b6 how to deactivate?

ecumix
9th February, 2015, 03:12 PM
Hello i need solution how deactivate steering lock passat b6 .

who switch and where I need to solder the jumper to give?

I would like to lock it worked without switches!!!

ecumix
9th February, 2015, 04:48 PM
have any advice?

Tzepy
9th February, 2015, 05:48 PM
you need to unlock the stering
colom?

BoNzOtM
9th February, 2015, 06:10 PM
if you resolve the problem please type here what you do.please

ecumix
9th February, 2015, 08:59 PM
i need working steering lock without switches (in the picture microswitch unsolder on the picture and do not know where I now have to do the jumper it worked without them

cqae
10th February, 2015, 02:03 AM
On the steering lock unit there is a 10 pin connector which can be acessed by removing cover above pedals. There are 2 wires coloured RED/YEL, (The large one is for power supply to steering lock, the smaller is ground signal to steering column unit to release ignition cycle and immo verification)
There is also a large BR/BLK wire which is ground.

Procedure :
1. Insert key in slot and press until you achieve successful ignition (all lights on dashboard-This means steering lock is now disengaged).

2. Connect 'small' red/yel wire to 'large' br/blk wire on steering lock connector.

3. THAT'S ALL FOLKS !!! You have now permanently disabled the steering lock, so no more problems with it failing to disengage. No need for new lock, and dreaded immo matching procedure

You may have to try step 1 a few times depending on how intermittent your problem is. Best to try with wheels pointed straight ahead.
Connector does not allow much room, so will have to lie on your back while you work or alternatively, remove other panels to get a more comfortable access.

i cant claim this to be my work........., its just something I found when I first started doing these, personally now, I s/f new steering locks & code them in

kumbari
19th August, 2015, 11:59 AM
On the steering lock unit there is a 10 pin connector which can be acessed by removing cover above pedals. There are 2 wires coloured RED/YEL, (The large one is for power supply to steering lock, the smaller is ground signal to steering column unit to release ignition cycle and immo verification)

Procedure :
1. Insert key in slot and press until you achieve successful ignition (all lights on dashboard-This means steering lock is now disengaged).

2. Connect 'small' red/yel wire to 'large' br/blk wire on steering lock connector.

3. THAT'S ALL FOLKS !!! You have now permanently disabled the steering lock, so no more problems with it failing to disengage. No need for new lock, and dreaded immo matching procedure

You may have to try step 1 a few times depending on how intermittent your problem is. Best to try with wheels pointed straight ahead.
Connector does not allow much room, so will have to lie on your back while you work or alternatively, remove other panels to get a more comfortable access.

i cant claim this to be my work........., its just something I found when I first started doing these, personally now, I s/f new steering locks & code them in

I have made the same procedure , I disabled Steering lock. But i have another problem afer some times i put the key but no light on dashboard , SO the car dosent crack when i try to start . I make also ecu bosch immo off and the same problem again. Do you have any idea why instrument light are off whrn i put the key in ignition , and the car dosent start ? Thanks

AC_SHNITZER
19th August, 2015, 07:37 PM
I have made the same procedure , I disabled Steering lock. But i have another problem afer some times i put the key but no light on dashboard , SO the car dosent crack when i try to start . I make also ecu bosch immo off and the same problem again. Do you have any idea why instrument light are off whrn i put the key in ignition , and the car dosent start ? Thanks
Thats right after some ignition cycles comfort module ends up with error this is bad solution i told you after try this and stuck with same problem . Change microswitches and if things is the same change motor in steering lock this will solve your problems or buy used elv and swap boards and if needed micro sw .

cqae
20th August, 2015, 12:35 AM
I replace the steering lock module usually, this was I havent affected the vehicles security & dont have these problems. But replacing microswitches works too

AC_SHNITZER
20th August, 2015, 06:57 PM
I have repaired a lot and not every time microswitches is problem but motor without brushes

Shmortz
1st September, 2015, 06:25 PM
and what if replace ESL with new one and car dies after 2 days, I think that comfort module is causing problems too, but I don't know what is the problem with it...

carmelasse
1st September, 2015, 08:54 PM
Did You check Key? Or try other (coded) key?

bugarcek
13th September, 2019, 11:41 AM

Procedure :

But how to disable buzzer and steering wheel light

Spiki666
12th December, 2019, 04:50 PM
I wonder too. has anybody came to a solution for the fault warning ? except blanking the light and removing the buzzer

Ter
22nd November, 2021, 10:08 AM
This is an old thread, but I'm sorry guys to take you back.
I have problem with lock (3c0905861j) on passat cc.
Key was lost, now new key made successful from eeprom of ccm,
but lock wont unlock.No dach lights, only the steering wheel symbol
and "immobilizer active" message.

Can I use this procedure to unlock steering lock so that car can start?

Weasel3
22nd November, 2021, 10:31 AM
You program by OBD. (This can happen, when you do it by OBD).
Or write new position 3 with the key?

Write original dump back, to the ccm. If it failed by PIN OBD.
Or write in 3 key dump. If it was done by OBD.