PDA

View Full Version : Renault Megane Dashboard lights

Ruggerplumber
16th July, 2009, 05:54 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

My Dads Megane Dashboard lights has gone out, not only this the vehicle wont start, the cars on a 1998 plate, he wired up his towbar some 2 months ago and has no probs until today, ALL fuses under steering wheel checked and ok. ALL Relays (only 4) in engine seem ok, ECU clicks when swapping Relays so that appears ok.

Anybody know of anything else that I can check or know whats wrong with it??

In Advance I thank you.:congrats:

krazylegz
16th July, 2009, 05:56 PM
stupid wuestion i know but.....is the battery not flat??

Patrian
18th July, 2009, 01:37 PM
HI m8.....

IF your REMOTE Keys DOES NOT working (and you unlocking your car with the "MECHANICAL" solution) THEN the IMMOBILIZER it's starting up!!! And that it's the reason that your car it's not STARTING UP!!!

So your problem it's that you need a NEW "Board ECU"!!!:evil::evil::evil:
The coast it's about 700? and UP!!!:hmmmm2:
Finally if you want to use a USED ECU forget it!!!!! (Only IF you "CRACK" the Immobilizer ECU!!!!!)

That's all.....:vroam:

chad5000
18th July, 2009, 02:11 PM
if you have tried jump starting the car, and connected the jump leads while the ignition is on, you could have fried the ECU. best way to find out is to take into renault dealership.

cactikid
18th July, 2009, 11:02 PM
are there 2 good connections on battery and second + feed wire goes down to fusebox is it live? assuming battery is good.

Ruggerplumber
20th July, 2009, 02:36 PM
The Batt is sound, everything works on the car, lights, radio, windows etc.... it's just the lights on the dashboard are not working. I cannot figure it for love nor money EEK

cactikid
20th July, 2009, 10:10 PM
is there a thumb wheel for adjusting dash lights brightness,or is it has no warning lights,oil,battery,handbrake etc.

Ruggerplumber
21st July, 2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah the is and thats fine, it has something to do with the red and green lights when he's starting the car. Eeeeek

vuno01
25th February, 2011, 01:20 AM
i had the same problem try
to lock the car via remote
and then unlock it and try again