PDA

View Full Version : Another M8 Problem

adewolves
17th February, 2015, 04:37 PM
I recently recieved anothe M8 tv box fully installed with all the addons, the other one was faulty. I use a VPN on a lot of the addons due to blocking from BT but on icefilms I use the fix to get around the blocking. Every video I play no matter what addon its on just constantly pauses. I hit play and it will play for 2 seconds then pause, then I hit play again and it pauses virtually right away...it just constantly does this...no matter what film tv show I play on any addon its all the same. This happens on VPN and BT with icefilms fix. Im using a home hub 3 my M8 is 4k ultrad hd quad core. Must be something so simple but its driving me nuts....HELP.

aftermath
17th February, 2015, 05:10 PM
- locate the icefilms video addon
- bring up context menu
- addon information
- configuration
- goto the 'metadata' tab
- and disable/uncheck metadata
- click ok
- locate the icefilms url and change to this https://ipv6.icefilms.info

turn off the VPN shouldnt need it with that url

adewolves
17th February, 2015, 06:07 PM
No joy mate didnt make anydifference...I use that url for icefilms. Every video on evry addon Ive tried is just the same...pauses all the time.

digicon
17th February, 2015, 08:38 PM
I dont use any VPN for either icefilms or 1channel and various others and i am on BT Fibre never had a problem, have you installed the addons tool and activated the zero cache feature worth a try

adewolves
17th February, 2015, 08:48 PM
How do I go about doing that mate? The wierd thing is as well, some video links require a captcha to type in...everyone I type in it says its wrong when its cleary correct.

digicon
17th February, 2015, 09:35 PM
even when its correct it could also mean the link is invalid its not just you it happens to everyone, you need the maintenance addon from the Fusion repository installing this will then have the Zero Cache setting inside that you just click on once and thats it done

adewolves
17th February, 2015, 11:50 PM
I give up. I've done a factory reset and reinstalled everything...still the same issue every single video I play back just pauses...on icefilms genesis movies 25...every bloody addon. Can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

aftermath
18th February, 2015, 07:48 AM
what internet connection you got, and are you wired or wifi, wired is always better.
i am on virgin wired direct to my router, dont use VPN,and everything is fine for me.

Delete any add ons you dont use, you only need a few, and disable live TV.

Any other apps thats not XBMC related on your box, delete them to free up space.

iggyboy
18th February, 2015, 07:32 PM
Defo use the zero cache, and also clear any existing cache, this should help.

adewolves
18th February, 2015, 08:10 PM
Ive got BT Infinity 80mb and only use wired not wireless. Its just baffling because I had another one of these M8 Boxes identital but bought from a different supplier off ebay, it got damaged moving stuff around, hence buying a new one, but the first one worked fine, thats whats baffling me. I did the zero cache thing earlier before I reinstalled all the addons and fusion to no affect. Its not as if videos play for a few minutes then stop so I have to press play again..they will only play for a maximum of 2 seconds and stop.

Another thing thats different from the first box and XBMC I use on my android phone is this, I hope this makes sense.

When I choose a link for a video on my phone or as was on my other box Id have the usual spinning working wheel at the bottom and then the video would?will start, but on this box once the wheel stops spinning the video doesnt just auto start I get a bar in the top right corner of the screen with a pause sign in it and a play symbol in the bottom left, so I have to hit the ok button on the remote to start the video...then it all goes tits up. Probably irrelevent but I thought I'd mention it. I must thank you for trying to figure this out for me, cheers.

iggyboy
19th February, 2015, 03:52 PM
Have you tried a complete new install of xbmc/kodi ? as a last resort, you could flash the box with the correct firmware, and start from scratch. Have you contacted whoever you bought it from for any support ? its not something Ive come across before, and Ive a couple of M8's and 3 MX's in our house.

adewolves
20th February, 2015, 12:32 AM
That's what I'm going to have to do it seems. Where would I find the correct firmware. This is a replacement box the other one was faulty but a different problem if this doesn't work ill ask for my money back. When I got the box the time zone was set to China is that an indication it could be a clone or is that the norm as everything seems to be made there anyway these days.

aftermath
20th February, 2015, 04:22 PM
if the clock is set for china, most probably its been made in China and tested there, but that doesnt mean its a clone . Most boxes these days are made in China, and most probably anything else

iggyboy
22nd February, 2015, 09:07 AM
That's what I'm going to have to do it seems. Where would I find the correct firmware. This is a replacement box the other one was faulty but a different problem if this doesn't work ill ask for my money back. When I got the box the time zone was set to China is that an indication it could be a clone or is that the norm as everything seems to be made there anyway these days.

Sorry I don't want to post any links I'm not supposed to...... so I suggest doing a google search for " latest M8 android box firmware". Once you get it, you need to find the instructions on how to do it, they'll propably be in the same place, its not too difficult to do, but you must read the instructions correctly, as doing something wrong could result in bricking your box. Good luck.

beats2006
26th February, 2015, 12:01 PM
Ive got BT Infinity 80mb and only use wired not wireless. Its just baffling because I had another one of these M8 Boxes identital but bought from a different supplier off ebay, it got damaged moving stuff around, hence buying a new one, but the first one worked fine, thats whats baffling me. I did the zero cache thing earlier before I reinstalled all the addons and fusion to no affect. Its not as if videos play for a few minutes then stop so I have to press play again..they will only play for a maximum of 2 seconds and stop.

Another thing thats different from the first box and XBMC I use on my android phone is this, I hope this makes sense.

When I choose a link for a video on my phone or as was on my other box Id have the usual spinning working wheel at the bottom and then the video would?will start, but on this box once the wheel stops spinning the video doesnt just auto start I get a bar in the top right corner of the screen with a pause sign in it and a play symbol in the bottom left, so I have to hit the ok button on the remote to start the video...then it all goes tits up. Probably irrelevent but I thought I'd mention it. I must thank you for trying to figure this out for me, cheers.

All these boxes are made in China there's no such thing as a clone, if you pop the four feet off the bottom take out the screws and post a picture of the board inside I'll send you the correct firmware, alternatively if you don't use the android side of things I can send you a version of linux that runs best on this particular box.