PDA

View Full Version : getting new box soon, a few questions please

rickets
14th June, 2008, 08:04 AM
I am getting one of these boxes purely for messing (dont watch any tv at all but the kids watch a bit) so I hope I have earned the right for a few complete noob questions here ;-) I won't clutter this thread more than once ! I will be starting out by just using the feed from the sky dish to earn my spurs.

1. I have a standard black mesh 80cm sky dish and a sky sub. Can I get this motorised or am I better off replacing the whole thing ?

2. With a sky subbed card in it will it still pick up my subbed channels? (Sanity check) Seems like using ccam it will ?

3. Assuming the dish sees only ast7a are there any compromised channels on it? If so what search terms do I use to read up on the methods to get them ?

Just starting out really so trying to see the trees for the wood. I have programmed a 7025 for a mate but just for his cable side.

Cheers !

max_gee
14th June, 2008, 12:08 PM
I am getting one of these boxes purely for messing (dont watch any tv at all but the kids watch a bit) so I hope I have earned the right for a few complete noob questions here ;-) I won't clutter this thread more than once ! I will be starting out by just using the feed from the sky dish to earn my spurs.

1. I have a standard black mesh 80cm sky dish and a sky sub. Can I get this motorised or am I better off replacing the whole thing ?

2. With a sky subbed card in it will it still pick up my subbed channels? (Sanity check) Seems like using ccam it will ?

3. Assuming the dish sees only ast7a are there any compromised channels on it? If so what search terms do I use to read up on the methods to get them ?

Just starting out really so trying to see the trees for the wood. I have programmed a 7025 for a mate but just for his cable side.

Cheers !

1) I think you probably can get it motorised, but its better leaving it fixed at 28 deg and get a separate motorised system.

2) Installing CCCam will allow you to do that

3) If you are on astra 28 then the majority if not all are on NDS but astra 19 you can get premiere and more, again this invloes gettin the latest key files etc.

for a channel line up for all satellites goto http://www.kingofsat.net

rickets
14th June, 2008, 12:25 PM
Cheers for that Max. Looking forward to receiving my box now. Not looking forward to telling the missus about the second dish ;-)