PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes A-class MAF element replacement adjust flow

budG60
8th March, 2015, 11:25 AM
I have fitted 2 new elements in a Mercedes MAF, but the flow value is too far off. Is there a way to adjust this? I have seen that some ecu repair companies also add a potentiometer between two pins of the MAF connector inside the ecu.

Dziwak
8th March, 2015, 11:49 AM
Yes it can be addjusted, normaly we adjust it between 300-500 ohms

AC_SHNITZER
8th March, 2015, 12:32 PM
try to reset all adaptions ( bootsrapping in HHT )

budG60
8th March, 2015, 06:06 PM
how did you do this?

Yes it can be addjusted, normaly we adjust it between 300-500 ohms

AC_SHNITZER
8th March, 2015, 08:02 PM
use star diagnosis , enter in Engine Control Monolith ( engine ECU ) then go to control unit adaptation then Bootstraping . This is important part after replace MAF plates !

AC_SHNITZER
8th March, 2015, 08:07 PM
Trust me friend do not try gypsy methods as there is simply solution if you have new MAF or new MAF plates

budG60
8th March, 2015, 08:09 PM
I have already tried this, but the maf values are to far off. =24kg/h and should be between 12 and 20 kg/h

use star diagnosis , enter in Engine Control Monolith ( engine ECU ) then go to control unit adaptation then Bootstraping . This is important part after replace MAF plates !

AC_SHNITZER
8th March, 2015, 08:20 PM
Do you read this page ? http://www.aclassinfo.co.uk/mypage.38.htm

AC_SHNITZER
9th March, 2015, 09:24 AM
did you solve problem ?

budG60
9th March, 2015, 06:39 PM
Not yet. Tried bootstrapping with Star, but no luck. Will try to fit another element or somehow try to change the resistor value.

smayer
9th March, 2015, 11:22 PM
I supose more then 95% (maybe 100%) of the elements in market are chinese, my experience is 40% good and 60% trash.

bursuc
10th March, 2015, 12:48 AM
I see one comming back from bba reman and they use it a variable resistor to compensate :) maybe it helps ;) i forgot the value but i think you can use a 5 kohm and use live data to see the changes ;)

budG60
10th March, 2015, 10:27 PM
where did they solder the potentiometer?

I see one comming back from bba reman and they use it a variable resistor to compensate :) maybe it helps ;) i forgot the value but i think you can use a 5 kohm and use live data to see the changes ;)

bursuc
11th March, 2015, 12:14 AM
I presume but i cant be sure . They were between signal wires but it could be from positive to signal aswell. In paralel with filament to compensate the actual values of mass air flow and work properly between limits ....

budG60
17th March, 2015, 09:57 PM
I have fitted another maf element, tried boot strapping again and for a while it seemed fine, but when left in idle for a longer time P0170 comes back. Any ideas?

yugo45
17th March, 2015, 11:24 PM
I have fitted another maf element, tried boot strapping again and for a while it seemed fine, but when left in idle for a longer time P0170 comes back. Any ideas?

Possible you have small vacuum leak.PO170 is not exactly just MAF problem.System to lean means also vacuum leak.

gadroulll
28th March, 2015, 01:52 PM
the problem is not the sensor but the corrupted flash in the ecu .solution find a flash copy the immo data from the original to the used good file and you not need to do either adjustments , either correts values. (flash 29f200)

smayer
29th March, 2015, 01:40 AM
the problem is not the sensor but the corrupted flash in the ecu .solution find a flash copy the immo data from the original to the used good file and you not need to do either adjustments , either correts values. (flash 29f200)

You don?t read the post when they say "...I have already tried this, but the maf values are to far off. =24kg/h and should be between 12 and 20 kg/h.."

If maf value is 24kg/H how can be a flash problem? what can corrupt the flash ?

Milicija
29th March, 2015, 10:45 AM
Diesel or gasoline engine?

japn
28th August, 2016, 06:31 PM
Hi there,
We have desoldered a Maf from donor ecu which looks like had a potentiometer soldered into terminals with 2 resistors on the donor ecu.
at the time I saw the donor ecu was already disconnected, we soldered this donor maf unit into original ecu for car and now the ECU faults are cleared but boes not start unless the air intake removed from car, My question is does anyone know what the resistance should be and between which two maf terminals of A class 1.4 ecu W168 should the wires be soldered into and how to set it up.
We have the donor ecus cover with varible pot still mounted but looks like two other resistors damage. I gues we have to connect these to the relevant terminals then look at maf KG/H settings and set them to a certain value.

Can anyone shed anymore light on what the correct maf reading shoild be at idle and which terminals and resistors to use please.