PDA

View Full Version : Crafter EDC16 by OBD with CMD

furburger
9th March, 2015, 07:44 PM
Can anyone tell me if the OBD Crafter protocol works oK now, i tried when it was 1st released & crashed an ECU..

I recall some waiting time after reading or writing before turning on / off IGN, is that right ?? no info on HELP button with CMD LOL

star10
9th March, 2015, 08:22 PM
It work via obd,if stop you can repeat procedure writing without damage ecu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

furburger
9th March, 2015, 08:48 PM
It work via obd,if stop you can repeat procedure writing without damage ecu

My memory is this. It's Reads Ecu fine. Switch off IGN, switch back on , & Ecu is dead , no write possible , or even maybe key isn't recognised so can't turn IGN on after read. Only recovery option is then write flash in by BDM

Have You used CMD on one ?

star10
9th March, 2015, 08:58 PM
Yes I use only CMD,on first version it was problems to write I done it couple times. But before 3monts it done at first attempt all was ok
If you want 100% be secure do it wia bdm. In this case of ecu it is faster solution because reading and writing via obd takes some time

furburger
10th March, 2015, 09:31 AM
Finally I found the old reply from CMD :

It can be normal,
The KEY ecu needs you to close and lock the car, wait 15 minutes that all
the ecu shut down, and than everything will restart as normal.
Anyway if you tuned by bdm you used the fastest and simple way to do it...
That Key ecu slow down all the protocol...
Br
Artur

So --

Does this mean there is a separate module / Ecu for immo ? & simply to switch off IGN after read and wait 15 mins?

furburger
10th March, 2015, 04:41 PM
OK it worked - i turned off IGN after read for 15 minutes.. wrote MOD, it failed after 2 mins so I didn't wait just tried again & it wrote OK..

Thanks for the tips :)