PDA

View Full Version : mercedes benz ML 270 " start error "

manandhar
10th March, 2015, 12:37 PM
HI All,
I suddenly happened to crank my ML 270 mercedes benz diesel engine with a damaged key. It cranked but no start. Now It will not crank with its original key. I get only display on the dash " start error ". What should I do to get the car on the road again ?
Many thanks in advance for your help.

tqnata83
10th March, 2015, 02:26 PM
find ecu open find eprom inside read and post dump here
find immo box open find motorola inside read and post dump here

manandhar
11th March, 2015, 04:41 AM
HI tqnata,
is it possible to synchronize the original key again to get it working ?

tqnata83
11th March, 2015, 08:31 AM
yes this is possible

okura
11th March, 2015, 08:36 AM
use some special tool for programming keys OBD.

manandhar
11th March, 2015, 08:48 AM
I have avdi commander for merc benz. can you help me how I can program the key ?

okura
11th March, 2015, 10:35 AM
very ease use function for programming ML keys, select DAS - read eeprom, and enter number key and learn key.

manandhar
12th March, 2015, 05:11 AM
HI Okura,
I have read eeprom from DAS. I am new to merc. Can you please help me with procedure to program the key ? Many thanks.

manandhar
14th March, 2015, 07:40 AM
Hi,
I have read DAS eeprom and key data as attached. Can you please help me with the procedure to synchronize the key ? or immo off possible ? Great many thanks.

manandhar
15th March, 2015, 12:52 PM
Hi Okura,
I read the DAS eprom and entered key no and learnt the key. It says key learnt successfully. I have attached the dumps. Still there is " START ERROR ". What am I missing ? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks for your help.

gccb
15th March, 2015, 02:37 PM
Read ecu eeprom to make it virgin then adapt using das

ngakson2002
15th March, 2015, 04:29 PM
Hi Okura,
I read the DAS eprom and entered key no and learnt the key. It says key learnt successfully. I have attached the dumps. Still there is " START ERROR ". What am I missing ? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Hello Mate,

Don't know how powerful is the AVDI MB special function ML. I had had similar cases and was able to solve them just by programming another transponder from AAM or EAM dump using either the GAMBIT or ML Key programmer.
However, another weak point i have noticed on these ML is the switch.
Practically,when the accommodation groove for the PIN (small shaft) from the switch in the plastic part containing the contacts is worn, you will experience NO CRANKING.To verify this,

1) Switch ON the ignition with the transponder programmed
2) In the fuse box, manually close contacts of the relay supplying current to starter Motor Terminal 50.
3) If Engine start, then transponder is OK and Switch defective.If not check again transponder programming

Best Regards,

Serge

manandhar
16th March, 2015, 08:40 AM
Dear ALL,
The car finally fired. The solution was simple. Under " Special function " >> Dash Adaption >> there was key activation tab. I activated the key and all done. Thanks to all of you great guys who took time to help me.