PDA

View Full Version : E46 320D CRANCK BUT DONT START

GolfmkI
11th March, 2015, 04:02 PM
Hello.

Seems these days I have not so much luck....car comes ok to garage but now is refusing to start.

BMW E46 320D BOSCH 0281001445

Probably cause of flat battery or whatever else....

Car cranck but dont start and in engine ecu is stored an error related to eeprom configuration.

I have not Bmw original tools at this moment.

Tried EWS-DME matching ...all seems ok but car wont start anyway....

Keys are ok, I think Ews is ok .....

i am thinking about and seems 24c02 is corrupted or Ecu is faulty.

I upload original dump and Ews3 dump.

Seems Isn are ok (same on both devices), but as I have not proper tools I am not 100% sure

ENGINE ECU
BOSCH 0281001445

EWS3
BMW 61.35-4100190
HW02 SW05
MCU 0D46J

Perhaps someone with proper tools and Knoledges could take me a hand:

Delete eeprom configuration error ( I think eeprom or coding problem is in eeprom @ config section start from 0x060 to 0x0FF ...when this error is present no data is stored in config section but not sure).

And of course if is not ok, check the pairing DDE-EWS , as car is refusing to start ( Ive made sync with Launch, Autoboss and Delphi but car wont start):

Thanks beforehand as always!!!

Shmortz
11th March, 2015, 05:46 PM
this car is with VP44 pump, are you shure that PSG5 module is OK, do you see on measuring blocks big fuel quantity while cranking, look if you have fuel on injectors pipes without big presure, maybe you need to repair PSG5...

smokey08
11th March, 2015, 08:22 PM
What options (service functions) do you have in the ecu with your tool? I think you need to reset all adaptions.

satellitedream
11th March, 2015, 08:35 PM
Do you have only one key? try a different key, ive had before when key is out of sync. When you go with launch to EWS can you see if the rolling code is ok and the rest of the live data is good.

GolfmkI
11th March, 2015, 08:44 PM
this car is with VP44 pump, are you shure that PSG5 module is OK, do you see on measuring blocks big fuel quantity while cranking, look if you have fuel on injectors pipes without big presure, maybe you need to repair PSG5...

No error related or VP44 simptoms related (like 1631 opel , ford and so on)
Car simply was parked and then error appears on Ecu and dont start anymore.

But I will try to check VP44 on his own plug directly and test, same way I do when I have repaired someone.

Thanks for advice, Ive thinked before but directly says no!!! Due to eeprom error.appears.

GolfmkI
11th March, 2015, 08:45 PM
What options (service functions) do you have in the ecu with your tool? I think you need to reset all adaptions.

Adaptations Ews /Dme
Clear CO adjustment
Reset pump map....

Nothing more, at this moment no BMW professional equipment.

I will try to install Inpa to see more data.

mchalisn
11th March, 2015, 08:46 PM
( Ive made sync with Launch, Autoboss and Delphi but car wont start): ??? all these do not make sync successful. Find someone with autologic or gt1 that can help you. Had the same problem before and solved with autologic EWS-DME alignment!

GolfmkI
11th March, 2015, 08:47 PM
Do you have only one key? try a different key, ive had before when key is out of sync. When you go with launch to EWS can you see if the rolling code is ok and the rest of the live data is good.

I have only one key.

All data seems ok.

It says starter enabled but thanks for advice.

I was thinking key problem wont allow even to cranck.

But really thanks for advice, I will try to check it.

GolfmkI
11th March, 2015, 08:50 PM
( Ive made sync with Launch, Autoboss and Delphi but car wont start): ??? all these do not make sync successful. Find someone with autologic or gt1 that can help you. Had the same problem before and solved with autologic EWS-DME alignment!

Thanks for advice.

Ive made lot of sync with these devices even in newer cars with CAS and everyday worked.

But you are rigth, perhaps tool is my problem.

To be honest I must have a Bmw Oem tool but you KNow..

Once again thanks

Shmortz
11th March, 2015, 09:02 PM
For shure not key problem, otherwise will not crank
... if you have immo problem must have ews tampering error in ECU...
Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Mr BLACK
11th March, 2015, 09:05 PM
read fault codes from dde and post ...if you have eeprom or coding fault i can help you

GolfmkI
12th March, 2015, 10:55 AM
read fault codes from dde and post ...if you have eeprom or coding fault i can help you

42 Error Configuration eeprom error
and also a Glow Plug

When car comes to garage this fault was not here....
So I think eeprom is the problem.

Ive trying moding from 0x60 to 0xff (I have read config is there)....and have succed one time to remove fault but car still not crancking.

Perhaps you have enougth knowdledges to repair and make car ....not only remove error as me :)

Original file is above in first post
Meanwhile I will try to match another Ecu to car, I will try to read Isn code from Ecu and match it to original Ews.
Thanks for your time

GolfmkI
12th March, 2015, 11:04 AM
ON TOPIC:

MR BLACK
Before open new thread , I always make search a little to avoid creating shit.
I remember and check just now, that you had exactly same problem as me in 2013 ;)
Did you solved problem with inmo off solution?
I did not use this solution cause my eeprom are OTP and because file was protected also. Does this solutions works??

Thanks for help

Mr BLACK
12th March, 2015, 12:46 PM
no immo off solution in my case ...if 42 error is gone and car is not starting check injection pump control module is commun problem with one tranzistor

GolfmkI
12th March, 2015, 06:44 PM
In your past case was VP44 the problem.

I have found lot of people with my eeprom problem pretty similar....

Does vp44 LET SOME FAULT CODE??? Like Opel , Vag , Ford , and so on....

GolfmkI
18th March, 2015, 04:44 PM
Some news:

I have mod some bit in my original eeprom and not fault code.

Vp44 is 100% ok I ve checked directly on the plug.

Car inyect fuel (seems enougth to cranck) but no luck.

With a bit of spray car starts (and stops :)) Dont seem mechanical problem.

What a hell is happening?????

Only idea I have is my eeprom is not really ok, even when no error is stored..... (I mean eeprom 24c04).

i am going to take a look to my Inpa.

Perhaps there are some setup or basic setting (pump basic setting perhaps) that have missed.

This car is a nigthmare for me.

Saulius Saulius
24th April, 2015, 04:23 PM
Did you resolve your problem? I got the same fault and car doesn't start.

GolfmkI
24th April, 2015, 04:43 PM
FIRST OF ALL ECU WAS BAD (but wasnt only problem)

Corrected eeprom as shown in above post.

Then error was gone, but car wont start.

If you want to know if pump is problem:

Take feed and ground to the pump (with connector removed), only feeds is enougth to start the car ( No inmo no external sensors, but should start)

You cannot accelerate, but at least to know if pump is ok.

I think this is valid for all VP44 pump.

Once I did, I knew my pump was defective (not the typical failure we are offen repairing), but simply pump maps were gone.

Then take a Gt1 original and load pump map (VP44 MAP)

Was in reprogramming options in Dis.

Car start perfect then.

I hope it helped.

Was easy, once you Know what are doing, in my case I lost so many time looking at the wrong location.....