PDA

View Full Version : opel senator 1991 help

gselectric
14th March, 2015, 08:20 AM
please i have this car opel senator 1991 year picture attached i want to change km but i couldnt manage to read it only eprom using xprog as 93c06 it shows me ffffffffff i tried to put 7 pin in the air and it still same reading the mask of this eeprom is hml 202 9506 any ideas m8 ? i will post a dump of other member they manage to read it as 93c06 original km is 536192km i need to make it 410000 km waiting your reply thx http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=304347&stc=1

zckariya70
14th March, 2015, 08:50 AM
here u go for perfect km

gselectric
14th March, 2015, 11:46 AM
i think that 2506 is different than 93c06 any ideas please?

zckariya70
14th March, 2015, 11:49 AM
93c06 ic comes with eeprom

gselectric
14th March, 2015, 12:12 PM
i tried to read it many times as 93c06 no way

captain crackers
14th March, 2015, 12:16 PM
Is it a 24 valve senator? If so it uses a micro which has to be zeroed and then incremented to the required miles/kms. Were the screws you removed from the glass security screws that you had to cut slots into? Arthur.

gselectric
14th March, 2015, 12:41 PM
sir those are the all component on the back side which one are we talking about ?please

gselectric
14th March, 2015, 01:12 PM
delco electronics made in england 25 063 211 abs on dash

captain crackers
14th March, 2015, 01:50 PM
there are 2 different senators, the senator and the 24valve senator. The questions I asked were to determine which car it is. They have different speedometers and if the car is the 24valve car my advice would be to give it back as it is very unlikely you will be able to do it. If you have the car, look at the badges on the rear of the car Look for senator 24valve. If you do not have the car please answer the question I asked you about the screws. Arthur.

maucontacto
25th October, 2017, 08:27 PM
Hello!!

Did you find a solution? I try to read HML 202C like 93C06 and 93C46 and now cluster is off...

danrmp
9th November, 2020, 03:01 AM
Hi guys
HML202 is very similar to 93C06 to read, but is different to write. I've read this memory many times.
But the mileage does not live there. On this EEPROM you'll only find the calibration for the cluster (number of pulses per km, if the engine is 4 or 6 cylinders, manual or auto gearbox and fuel tank size and adjustments).
The total mileage probably is stored in the IC7, an undocumented microchip part. I think it is a microcontroller running its own code and communicating with the main 8051 microcontroller.

Oce I probed the lines between them and nothing obvious came up.
The only way I think that this may be feasible is dumping the firmware from the 8051 and disassembling the code.

Tilt
8th March, 2023, 02:24 PM
Hey folks, sorry for kicking the dead horse but i needed some help trying to ressurrect some digidashes.
I have two boards, one is complete, when i turn it on only the light comes up, no digits and it doesnt seem to boot. I changed some of the capacitors that looked bad but still no boot.
And the other one is missing the HML 202 9506. Is there any way i could clone or replace it for a new part?

sqrw
9th March, 2023, 11:47 AM
If the dashboard is the same, you can change the eeprom. is there a photo of the dashboard?

Tilt
12th March, 2023, 01:14 AM
If the dashboard is the same, you can change the eeprom. is there a photo of the dashboard?

The eeprom i have on the dead/complete board (blue) was tested on other good dash i have, i have not felt it was a good idea to try sticking it on the dead board that is missing the chip (green) because the boards have diferent configurations, one is from a 4.1 and the other board is from a 3.0. I have two fully working 3.0 and a 4.1 dashes but im afraid kinda afraid i could be messing around too much and corrupt the hml chips i have from the good dashes, if i was able to clone the hml eeproms i have on brand new 93c06(or a better suited counterpart) i would have the confidence to freely experiment with the dead boards.
I have a spare LCD and it would be great if i could make one of these boards alive again.

I attached some pictures, let me know if you want a close up of anything specific

Tilt
12th March, 2023, 02:52 PM
The green board is drawing a 0.190 ma and the blue 0.019 ma

Tilt
29th March, 2023, 03:15 PM
The green board is up and running now, r114 was burnt, if i use the chip from the blue board it boots up as a 4.1 dash.
Now i just need to clone the hml chip using one of those:
https://youtu.be/hPKckby54uA

Doc
29th December, 2023, 07:07 PM
The green board is up and running now, r114 was burnt, if i use the chip from the blue board it boots up as a 4.1 dash.
Now i just need to clone the hml chip using one of those:
https://youtu.be/hPKckby54uA

Hi,

I fear you won't be able to clone it this way.

There are two possibilities you have:

1) clone it with a self written algo and an Arduino (or similar), as the HML202 needs one extra clock cycle during command transfer and needs a different START condition

2) Use a Tech-1 with an appropriate module to rewrite the default values (someone already stated them - mileage is NOT included here).

If no HML202 chip is available the firmware can be patched to accept an 93C06 (or even bigger and way better available 93C46 EEPROM may be used).
But I have done this only for the firmware of the Vectra/Cavalier dashboard. The one for the Senator is slightly different I guess (and I don't have access to it).
The Senator dash has aSAB80515 which is mask programmed and can't be dumped (to my knowledge).

The mileage is stored in the 14 pins Microchip microchip indeed. It is in fact an early PIC type micro emulating some kind of EEPROM with 8 bytes only (maybe 16 but I could not veryfiy this).

Therefore there is no official nor documented procedure to lower the mileage. The micro only counts impulses and creates the mileage value on it's own.
There is also some security method installed (although not very strong but it is there). I think error code 55 is thrown in case of a detected mileage manipulation.