PDA

View Full Version : bdm edc16u34

kospoz
18th March, 2015, 11:29 AM
Hi people i am having problem with this car octavia 1.9 tdi BXE motor.The car is not starting any more.I have tried injectors pumps front and behind the timing is ok.When i tried with gasoline into the intake the car seems like to starts but when i stopped the gasoline then the motor stops.Can somebody check the bdm and tell if it is ok?
No trouble code stored crankshaft and camshaft has been changed also.With the gasoline when the car goes to start i have trouble code camshaft out of range signal but the car is ok with the timing

bursuc
18th March, 2015, 11:33 AM
Did you do a compression test on it ? Is the only thing left really . If it was down to immobiliser the car starts and shut off in 3 seconds. Most likely your problem is mechanical. It has an electric fuel pump in the tank ? Check if you got diesel at the pump .
Regards

kospoz
18th March, 2015, 11:50 AM
Did you do a compression test on it ? Is the only thing left really . If it was down to immobiliser the car starts and shut off in 3 seconds. Most likely your problem is mechanical. It has an electric fuel pump in the tank ? Check if you got diesel at the pump .
Regards
Thanks for reply before a week i did head gasket change the compression is fine and i have changed both pumps

bursuc
18th March, 2015, 11:52 AM
I am thinking of the camshaft could be 180 degrades out ? There is any chance of that ? Did you do compression after changing head gasket ? Most likely i still think your car has nechanical problem.
Before you did the head gasket the car was starting ?

Regards

unu
18th March, 2015, 12:02 PM
if no code trouble stored then probably it's mechanical failure ...
Also you say /trouble code camshaft out of range signal but the car is ok with the timing/ that's mean or you have problems with wiring or with camshaft.

pandokrator
18th March, 2015, 12:19 PM
what is engine rpm when cranking ?
bR

kospoz
18th March, 2015, 12:20 PM
if no code trouble stored then probably it's mechanical failure ...
Also you say /trouble code camshaft out of range signal but the car is ok with the timing/ that's mean or you have problems with wiring or with camshaft.
When is (start with gasoline because i spray it)Then i have code with camshaft out of range

kospoz
18th March, 2015, 12:20 PM
what is engine rpm when cranking ?
bR
280......312 rpm

kospoz
18th March, 2015, 12:22 PM
I am thinking of the camshaft could be 180 degrades out ? There is any chance of that ? Did you do compression after changing head gasket ? Most likely i still think your car has nechanical problem.
Before you did the head gasket the car was starting ?

Regards
Yes the car was ok on Sunday the owner turned it off and then the car until now is sleeping :chuncky:

pandokrator
18th March, 2015, 01:30 PM
your car have ,300+ rpm crank start ,no timing fault ,right engine timing ,no mechanical fault
and start with starting spray ,, then your problem is injectors Not open when try starting.
without any DTC the only way to Not open injectors are crank sensor Or fuel pressure valve with wrong reading (not completing damage).
i have same problem in the past with older PD engine (ASZ)
all tests was right (fuel pressure,timing,injectors etc).
customer was replace crank sensor with OEM NEWone and car still not start :-(
i replace crank sensor with other one from working engine and car start immediately :-)
this is my personal experience..
in the real problem the cause it was the ecu "loosing" some rpm from crank sensor.
bR

kospoz
18th March, 2015, 05:45 PM
your car have ,300+ rpm crank start ,no timing fault ,right engine timing ,no mechanical fault
and start with starting spray ,, then your problem is injectors Not open when try starting.
without any DTC the only way to Not open injectors are crank sensor Or fuel pressure valve with wrong reading (not completing damage).
i have same problem in the past with older PD engine (ASZ)
all tests was right (fuel pressure,timing,injectors etc).
customer was replace crank sensor with OEM NEWone and car still not start :-(
i replace crank sensor with other one from working engine and car start immediately :-)
this is my personal experience..
in the real problem the cause it was the ecu "loosing" some rpm from crank sensor.
bR
Update-->I took off the injectors and i turned on the dash.Inside the head the place which sit every injector has one little hole for the fuel.I have not pressure there but from another same car when i did the same there was big pressure.I have fuel to the pump (high pressure) but there is not inside to the head.I have replaced 3 pumps with no luck.Any ideas because i am not very well :beheaded:
Also the crank shows 250..270 rpm

pandokrator
19th March, 2015, 12:46 PM
with 270rpm my frind car NOT open injectors.
you need more than 300rpm for start spray injectors.
this problem NOT come from bad pressure.
older PD engines need 420rpm for opening injectors.
check crank and cam sensors wiring,use osciloscope for check that.
bR

kospoz
19th March, 2015, 03:08 PM
with 270rpm my frind car NOT open injectors.
you need more than 300rpm for start spray injectors.
this problem NOT come from bad pressure.
older PD engines need 420rpm for opening injectors.
check crank and cam sensors wiring,use osciloscope for check that.
bR
I have checked the wiring and its ok. i have replased 3 times each sensor but nothing.The same thing.

pandokrator
20th March, 2015, 10:50 PM
rail pressure,immo,temp sensor, all read the right values?
if you have 270rpm when start engine then you have bad sensor or bad battery.
something you miss friend.
really strange problem ,as you say without any dtc.
bR

diyre
21st March, 2015, 09:27 AM
Hi, I had a similar problem in my case was feeding pump which did not give sufficient flow and pressure for high pump could feed injectors.
Once solved, feed pump came to give up to 4 bar high for more than 12 bar.
He also had the moth before EGR valve (soft stop) engaged by dirt, which left no air inside the engine.
Test start it with spray, if you boot the problem is in feeding.
a greeting

kospoz
22nd March, 2015, 01:11 PM
Hi, I had a similar problem in my case was feeding pump which did not give sufficient flow and pressure for high pump could feed injectors.
Once solved, feed pump came to give up to 4 bar high for more than 12 bar.
He also had the moth before EGR valve (soft stop) engaged by dirt, which left no air inside the engine.
Test start it with spray, if you boot the problem is in feeding.
a greeting
I sent the car to store that has tools for injectors and pumps.I am calm now

diyre
22nd March, 2015, 01:24 PM
It is a good solution, the shame that would not start, because in a machine diagnosis, many models this is one of them, and you can see the injectors in case one does not work well.
Since you mention what was the solution.
Warning on 2.0TDI, there are a few engines riding siemens, if there is a bad injector, will not start. 1-1 disconnect the injectors, and when the disconnect is wrong, this starts at 3 cylinders.
It is the raw form of knowing what is wrong.
a greeting

kospoz
22nd March, 2015, 03:50 PM
It is a good solution, the shame that would not start, because in a machine diagnosis, many models this is one of them, and you can see the injectors in case one does not work well.
Since you mention what was the solution.
Warning on 2.0TDI, there are a few engines riding siemens, if there is a bad injector, will not start. 1-1 disconnect the injectors, and when the disconnect is wrong, this starts at 3 cylinders.
It is the raw form of knowing what is wrong.
a greeting
When i started the engine with the help of spray i read the injectors with vcds and was 0 all of them.Then i had fault camshaft sensor signal out of range.I believe that i tried very hard for this car.