PDA

View Full Version : A little help setting up please

camedia2061
19th July, 2009, 05:47 PM
Hi there
Im new to the whole dobx thing. I've had one for a month now but havent got it to work as its quite frustrating.

I've just given it another go today. I've managed to flash an image called commando11 (from downloads section), and its now on the box. But when I start the box it says ' no channels detected' and to do a scan.

Can someone please guide me through this bit please?

Bulld0g
19th July, 2009, 06:04 PM
Dbox button.... Services... Service scan... Scan for services
If i remember rightly ;)

camedia2061
19th July, 2009, 06:39 PM
Cheers 4 reply. I've tried doing a scan but it doesnt pick up anything. I've got the scan settings set to Brutforce, and the 'update scan' section is on. It comes up with 303 transponders, but I dont get anything?

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Bulld0g
19th July, 2009, 06:45 PM
Can you get FTA ? You need to load keys cams and emus to open up locked channels m8.Or isn't it showing any channels up ? Do a slow scan as opposed to a fast one and put in correct symbol rate for your area ie 6952 or 6887

camedia2061
19th July, 2009, 07:04 PM
When the image starts up it states that it is free to air. I've tried doing the scan on 'fast scan' and 'brutforce' but both dont show any channels. The scan mode is in 'update'. Someone please help :hmmmm2:

Bulld0g
19th July, 2009, 07:06 PM
Like i said do a SLOW scan and add the symbol rate for your area

camedia2061
19th July, 2009, 07:24 PM
There doesnt seem to be a slow scan option. I'll write out how the screen looks with the options in brackets:

Save settings now
Scan for services (tv/radio/all)
Bouquet (update/erase all// make new vm set/leav current)
Cable provider (CableUK/DVB-C Ireland/DVB-T Ireland)
Scan Mode (Fast Scan/UK Brutforce)
Network ID (Has option to enter a network id if have one)
Frequency (has option to enter a frequency if have one)
Symbol rate (6952/6887)
Auto scan (off/on)
Start scan
So far ive tried scanning with fast scan and uk brutforce. My symbol rate is at 6887 as its the only one which comes up with transponders. Does anyone have any ideas why nothing is comin up?

gizmo.1484
19th July, 2009, 08:01 PM
Have you set your location for scanning?
If not then press the blue button then blue again then on set my location for scanning. Now set it to your area that you live in then the box will reboot.
Now go to service scan make sure the bouquets is on make new now start your scan.

camedia2061
19th July, 2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks 4 ur effort peeps. I havent set my location for scanning. Not sure how to do it. Sorry for sounding dumb. Please can you guide me through the setting location bit (ive tried pressing the blue button but it takes me to the games bit of the dbox)

gizmo.1484
19th July, 2009, 08:12 PM
Make sure when you press the blue button you are not in the dbox settings,so press home until you have a screen with no writing on it then press the blue button twice.

camedia2061
19th July, 2009, 08:33 PM
Great i think im almost there. I've set my location to birmingham (although there were 6 birmingham options numbered 1-6 so i just chose 1). I've set the bouquet to 'make new vm' . Below is what i have just used to scan, but still no luck in finding anything. Although now that location is set the network id and frequency bit now have random numbers so i think thats good (before they were blank). Do you have any other tips on how to do this scan (i.e. what settings to use).

Save settings now
Scan for services (tv/radio/all)
Bouquet (update/erase all// make new vm set/leav current)
Cable provider (CableUK/DVB-C Ireland/DVB-T Ireland)
Scan Mode (Fast Scan/UK Brutforce)
Network ID (random number)
Frequency (random number)
Symbol rate (6952)
Auto scan (off)
Start scan

gizmo.1484
19th July, 2009, 08:45 PM
If it did not pick anything with number 1 location of Birmingham then try one of the other ones. Also make sure that all connections are tight on the feed to your box. But i always find you get a better scan when you connect to the main feed (take of splitters). Also pick fast scan in the scan options,

PS: When you change anything in the scan options don't forget to save before you scan.

camedia2061
21st July, 2009, 06:17 PM
I'm almost there. I've actually recieved some channels but there freeview channels. All the other channels are locked, (i.e. a blank screen). Does anyone know how to unlock these channels. Any help will be greatly appreciated peeps.

Fergal
21st July, 2009, 06:49 PM
You need the real magic files from here dont forget to chmod 755 evocamd
h**p://www.mercs.us/Tools.htm

camedia2061
21st July, 2009, 07:07 PM
Thnx 4 reply. Just downloaded magic files. How do I transfer them to the dbox (I've only ever used Image Flashing assistant to transfer commando 11), and also what does 'dont forget to chmod 755 evocamd'. Sorry for sounding dumb, but I'm slowly getting there :dancing2:

Fergal
21st July, 2009, 07:11 PM
You need a ethernet crossover cable to connect the box to your pc and a ftp program like flashfxp
chmod 755 is changing the attributes of the file you just right click on it after you have sent it to the box and choose chmod/attributes the change the value to 755.

camedia2061
21st July, 2009, 07:42 PM
oki dokes. I've started up flashfxp but am having trouble connecting to the box. I've hit the lightning bolt and entered in my ip 192.168.0.1, and im not sure what to write for username and password. Does anyone know what they are?

camedia2061
21st July, 2009, 07:49 PM
ignore that. Im in, user was root, password was commando hehehe

breadman
21st July, 2009, 07:50 PM
root
commando

hth
dam your were to quick or my one finger typing ain't fast enough lol.

camedia2061
21st July, 2009, 08:08 PM
Hey peeps. I've opened up the directories for the dbox. I'm assuming that you send the 'magic files' into the keys directory?

There are 3 magic folders titled 'lib', 'var bin' and 'var key'. A message in the var key folder reeds 'dont chmod 775 these'. So what ive done so far is transfered all 3 folders over but not chmod the var key folder. Ive then turned off the box and restarted but still I cant get those channels. Anyone know what im doing wrong? plz help

camedia2061
21st July, 2009, 08:27 PM
ok, ive just figured out you send the files to the directory (duhh). So ive put var keys in the keys folder and var bin in the bin folder etc. But when i restart the dbox i still cant get the channels? Anyone know what im doing wrong?

Fergal
21st July, 2009, 08:44 PM
You transfer the files that are inside the folders
so the files on your pc in var/k*ys go into var/k*ys
the files in var/bin/emu goes into var/bin/emu
then right click on the evocamd and mgcamd and choose chmod and change the value to 755 then reboot the box

camedia2061
21st July, 2009, 09:10 PM
Have tried this but still no change. I wanna cry:argh:

Fergal
21st July, 2009, 09:13 PM
Leave it on a blank channel for 5 mins and see what happens

camedia2061
21st July, 2009, 09:38 PM
FERGAL I LOVE YOU !!!! It just took a few minutes to start

Fergal
21st July, 2009, 09:49 PM
Stop it your making me blush pmsl
Glad you are sorted:congrats:

PaphosAL
22nd July, 2009, 11:38 AM
In future, I'd recommend using the Real Magic files from here:

h**tp://www.mercs.us/Tools.htm

The version you've used puts the cam(s) in the wrong folder, where the C11 Softcam Munu will not find them- and probably has about 5 dozen files for /var/keys - when only 5 are needed.

In fact, just start again, and do the job properly this time. Using 'real magic' - you'd need to be pissed or stupid or both, to get it wrong!!

Cheers- AL :flute:

Fergal
22nd July, 2009, 12:13 PM
In future, I'd recommend using the Real Magic files from here:

h**tp://www.mercs.us/Tools.htm

The version you've used puts the cam(s) in the wrong folder, where the C11 Softcam Munu will not find them- and probably has about 5 dozen files for /var/keys - when only 5 are needed.

In fact, just start again, and do the job properly this time. Using 'real magic' - you'd need to be pissed or stupid or both, to get it wrong!!

Cheers- AL :flute:
Eh! you pisshed Al thats what he did use i gave him the link in post 14 and the box is working.

PaphosAL
23rd July, 2009, 05:56 PM
You guessed correctly, Fergal, LOL! I misread him, and thought he was using the 'other' magic, full of crap, and not up to date. You know the one I mean...

Glad it's all resolved, anyway! Cheers- AL :coffee:

wendywitch
25th July, 2009, 01:49 AM
hi guys, i've done everything mentioned in this thread, but i'm still only getting fta. any advice? thanks

wendywitch
25th July, 2009, 08:25 AM
this is what ive done, flashed commando 11, added magic keys, chmod 755 relevant files, at this stage i had nothing on the dbox,set location and scanned, i now have fta, full epg with the lcd screen showing all channels it detects all channels just doesnt show them. any advice.please

Fergal
25th July, 2009, 10:33 AM
Did you use the real magic files and did you put the camd in var/bin/emu and chmod755
also make sure evocamd is chosen in the cam menu.

wendywitch
25th July, 2009, 12:21 PM
thanks for the reply, yes it was the real magic keys and i chmod 755 them where applicable, i can find the softcam menu there is no evocamd it just say camd reset. am i on the right options as this does nothing. i know the box works fine as i put my old image on and it works fine, thanks

Fergal
25th July, 2009, 12:38 PM
Have you left it on a blank channel for 5 mins?
Try flashing it and go through the steps again.

MetMan
25th July, 2009, 12:43 PM
thanks for the reply, yes it was the real magic keys and i chmod 755 them where applicable, i can find the softcam menu there is no evocamd it just say camd reset. am i on the right options as this does nothing. i know the box works fine as i put my old image on and it works fine, thanks

are u sure u put the cams in the /var/bin/ and not /bin/ creating an emu folder to put them in

should see the cams as well as the camd reset

wendywitch
25th July, 2009, 02:37 PM
ok, tired all that has been mentioned but still the same, put commando image in tmp folder, put the magic keys in there respective folders chmod 755,libcrypto.so.0.9.7 wont change when i chmod 755 it reverts back to 655 i cant delete it, when i have flashed the image i cant go back into it because i cant connect with flash fxp even using commando as the password. help please

MetMan
25th July, 2009, 03:17 PM
ok, tired all that has been mentioned but still the same, put commando image in tmp folder, put the magic keys in there respective folders chmod 755,libcrypto.so.0.9.7 wont change when i chmod 755 it reverts back to 655 i cant delete it, when i have flashed the image i cant go back into it because i cant connect with flash fxp even using commando as the password. help please

changed the ip settings in dbox - network.....how did u flash the img? by ftp or ifa?

the img seems to have gone read-only therefore u will have to reflash

wendywitch
25th July, 2009, 04:41 PM
thanks for the reply, i have tried to reflash but exactly the same. do i flash commando image then add magic keys or can i add them all at the same time, which is what i'm doing.i'm using flash fxp with null modem cable. i'm using ifa to reflash my box with my old image because i cant connect fxp when commando is on the box even when changing ip in network,thanks

PaphosAL
25th July, 2009, 05:23 PM
Do it one step at a time, dear...

First- IFA C11 across. Then set your network settings- and start network, and test network, and SAVE on the way back out. And THEN add the real magic via FTP, noting the hints the size of breeze blocks contained within this particular rar file...

You should be viewing in roughly 15 minutes from start to finish! :)

wendywitch
25th July, 2009, 06:40 PM
i'm at breaking point, no problem ifa c11 over, but i cant connect to the box once c11 is on, i have no problem connecting with my old image, i have followed every guide i can find,changing the ip on the box etc no problem setting up a network with the box, i'm sure once i connect to it the rest will be straight forward enough, help!!!

MetMan
25th July, 2009, 07:25 PM
i'm at breaking point, no problem ifa c11 over, but i cant connect to the box once c11 is on, i have no problem connecting with my old image, i have followed every guide i can find,changing the ip on the box etc no problem setting up a network with the box, i'm sure once i connect to it the rest will be straight forward enough, help!!!

if u have copied the ip settings onto the c11 img the same as the other img and using the password commando then it should connect

remember

start network on boot - on
start/reset network now - after editing
Test network now - see how many pings u get

wendywitch
25th July, 2009, 08:31 PM
yes finally got it sorted, thankyou to all that helped, even got some of my old channels back. turns out it was reset network and it connected to the box straight away

Kenyan
16th August, 2009, 10:33 PM
Guy, quick question? How can I change my Symbol Rate for Irish Ch***s Cable?

The current Commando 11 image only has Sym Rate 6887 and 6952. After reading a few channels it seems like Ireland requires a different Sym rate.

So what's the best way to change this? And any idea what the best figures are for Ireland Kildare?