PDA

View Full Version : Renault kangoo no power

sweeper
22nd March, 2015, 09:10 PM
Hi Guys i have a 2003 Kangoo 1.5 dci 80k miles on clock it has lost power (20mph on incline) it has now started black smoke and a diesel knock when pushing pedal. I have changed EGR no difference new filter leak off test all the same amount in each bottle i have even changed the potentiometer (pedal) and the turbo
The fault codes i get are df125 Main relay control circuit, relay cut too early
Multifunction (Interconnection unit (Passenger compartment connection unit) -
UCH - MT/AT)
DTC Description
54 - Unknown fault code
102 - Unknown fault code
any help on what i could try next or what i need to check
Thanks for any help you can give
sweeper

alessioblaupunkt
22nd March, 2015, 10:23 PM
Engine? 702/704/710?

Please report exact fault code. ------> P????

The coil of main relay receive + from inertia switch and - from ecu.
The contact of main relay receive + from a 30A fuse.
The other pole serves these: camshaft position sensor, fuel pressure control solenoid,
EGR valve position sensor.

sweeper
22nd March, 2015, 11:01 PM
Thanks for your quick reply the fault codes for Kangoo are DF numbers and two unknown codes they were read using Autocom 13 revision 3 and the engine is a 704 i had no problems until one day the iat sensor snapped a wire which i sorted
thanks for your help
Engine? 702/704/710?

Please report exact fault code. ------> P????

The coil of main relay receive + from inertia switch and - from ecu.
The contact of main relay receive + from a 30A fuse.
The other pole serves these: camshaft position sensor, fuel pressure control solenoid,
EGR valve position sensor.

autoden
23rd March, 2015, 08:18 PM
Do these have a dozer valve in the induction? If it does check for opening.

alessioblaupunkt
23rd March, 2015, 08:49 PM
704 -----> 65 or 80hp?
If 65 here's the schematic.

Sorry can't help you with Autocom. I can recognize fault only with standard OBD code such as P????

sweeper
23rd March, 2015, 10:57 PM
Thanks again for your help i will try and have a check on the wiring tomorrow i will also change the crankshaft and camshaft sensors i have a donor van for swapping bits from
Thanks
sweeper
704 -----> 65 or 80hp?
If 65 here's the schematic.

Sorry can't help you with Autocom. I can recognize fault only with standard OBD code such as P????

sweeper
24th March, 2015, 08:11 PM
Today i changed crank sensor,cam sensor,IAT sensor replaced turbo air pipes checked wiring for chaffing and checked the timing still the same slow revs and smoky
any other help for checking or replacing
Thanks

miha99
24th March, 2015, 09:43 PM
No it`s time to connect yor renault to Can clip I think.

sweeper
24th March, 2015, 10:02 PM
Thanks i think i might have to buy a Can Clip
Sweeper
No it`s time to connect yor renault to Can clip I think.

alessioblaupunkt
24th March, 2015, 10:34 PM
Nice that you have one to swap.
Easy first: swap water temperature sender. See if it runs better.

If still smoking and knocking:
Remove tank sender, inspect for metal particle inside tank, if there are metal pieces,
then the high pressure components could de damaged.

sweeper
25th March, 2015, 01:19 AM
Thanks for your reply i changed the fuel filter about two weeks ago and inspected it for metal particles the Autocom also states that the fuel pressure is at 230bar rising to above 400bar when pressing the accelerator it also starts first kick of the key just no boost the donor van was a running motor accident damage so all the swaps should be ok
i will change temp sensor tomorrow and check tank
Thanks for your info
Sweeper
Nice that you have one to swap.
Easy first: swap water temperature sender. See if it runs better.

If still smoking and knocking:
Remove tank sender, inspect for metal particle inside tank, if there are metal pieces,
then the high pressure components could de damaged.

alessioblaupunkt
25th March, 2015, 09:19 PM
no boost
Check vaccuum pipes on turbo: there will be no boost if pipe has even little damage.

If you find nothing check for clogged exhaust

sweeper
25th March, 2015, 09:26 PM
I have already changed the air pipes from the turbo and the one from the EGR housing i have another Catalytic converter so i will try that incase it has collapsed
tomorrow i hope to change the temp sensor and check the tank for metal fragments
Thanks
Sweeper
Check vaccuum pipes on turbo: there will be no boost if pipe has even little damage.

sweeper
28th March, 2015, 06:32 PM
Thanks to your info i might have found the problem removed the cat yesterday and found it broken up inside and the honeycomb had moved forward blocking half the exhaust flow hope to get it back together tomorrow
#Keep you posted
Thanks
Sweeper

garagetech
28th March, 2015, 10:39 PM
Change the ecu

sweeper
4th April, 2015, 11:22 PM
well done alessioblaupunkt you were spot on put it back together yesterday and all working perfect boost back
Thanks again
Sweeper