PDA

View Full Version : Smart Forfour key programming issue.

Fallen
26th March, 2015, 11:20 AM
Hi guys,

I have a customer with a 2005 Smart Forfour that was sitting in the garage for 12 months.
Car does not respond to the remote and key symbol comes up on the dash when turned on.

I tried to reprogram the keys with AVDI but it would not complete, no explanation was given why.

I used AD100pro to program the key back in.
It cleared all the keys but failed with message "Failed incorrect key code".

Fault codes are

B1721 - Base Station Fail
B1731 - Immo Coms Fail
B1723 - Antenna Failure

The key has an integrated PCF7941 ID46 in Manchester mode which is locked.
The remote transmits fine on 434mhz

The immo ring around the ignition powers up correctly.

I tried to program in a blank 46, a Mitsubishi pre-coded 46 and both did not work, same error.
I noticed later on that effi has a 46 precoding for Smart, maybe I should of used that.

The keys have been cleared but the existing key can't be programmed back in.
I did the SAM reassignment with AVDI and it was successful, this also let the car start once and then same key light on dash.

Is the existing key faulty or is there something else going on with this car?

Thanks

audiomeca
26th March, 2015, 12:21 PM
check the ring coil, is very rare that not program original keys in the car, in this car if lost all battery , have this problem and esp problem , but all times I program ok the keys

regards

Fallen
26th March, 2015, 01:30 PM
check the ring coil, is very rare that not program original keys in the car, in this car if lost all battery , have this problem and esp problem , but all times I program ok the keys regards

The immo ring powers up when the ignition is turned on, keeps looking for the correct key.

Fallen
27th March, 2015, 01:04 AM
Anybody know if these fault codes are normal with an unprogrammed key in the ignition?

gtmech
29th March, 2015, 10:45 AM
Anybody know if these fault codes are normal with an unprogrammed key in the ignition?

i had similar problem (minus the fault codes), the key didnt work, programmed it again and car started, 2 days later came back again with same problem, programmed key again and car started, 1 day later same problem, turned out to be the key was faulty even though i couldnt find a thing wrong with it

sjc1
1st May, 2020, 12:53 PM
Sorry to open an old thread. I have the same issue. Is it a faulty Sam unit?