PDA

View Full Version : android or pi ?

mikk
27th March, 2015, 11:28 AM
Is there any advantage to running xbmc on a M8 or dedicated android box to say the latest Rapberry pi and would a 16 gb card (rather than 8gb) improve the pi experince?

janushaan
4th April, 2015, 03:23 AM
m8 flash with linux only,, nothing beats it,, raspberry pi is not good for xbmc,, no wifi, not enough codecs unless you pay,

mikk
4th April, 2015, 10:15 PM
" not enough codecs unless you pay," isnt the codec pack only ?1.50 ?
They come with android but work better when overwritten with Linux-which flavour ? Can anybody recomend a Chinese supplier?

janushaan
14th June, 2015, 02:14 PM
yes like i said you have to buy codec pack,, but still doesn;t play everything,,

when it comes to m8 buy anywhere,, it is pretty fast even with android,, I found as far for just XBMC/KODI mx2 boxes with linux installed works very good,,,

gji25
18th August, 2015, 08:03 AM
the raspberry pi2 with openelec will run rings around a android tv box and the support is second to none. also the raspberry is built in the uk with decent components unlike the mx

mikk
19th August, 2015, 03:23 PM
I got the pi 2 but not impressed at all. Running Helix 90% of stuff just doesn't play (broken links?), and when you find a good one, return the following day and its broken! Poor picture quality too compared to (sd) sat. I thought it would be a good alternative for live sport but freezing, disconnections and broken links make it pretty much useless. Films may be better but still doesn't beat the torrent/popcorn hour solution.