PDA

View Full Version : will the PS3 be hacked

jfish
20th July, 2009, 04:48 PM
realistically will it even be hacked or have Sony invested alot in ensuring this isnt the case (like Sky did with NDS encryption)

The xbox, psp, ps2, nintendo ds and even the wii eventually got hacked

deltadroid
21st July, 2009, 10:36 AM
sony bring out new firmware on a regular basis. i think if it was possible to hack the ps3 it would have been done by now imo.

Raven
21st July, 2009, 04:18 PM
To be totally honest I am of the same opinion mate, I think if it were doable or "possible" then it would have been done by now I would think, especially considering how quickly stuff typically gets cracked and even the Xbox 360 and previous consoles were hacked/chipped within a couple of years of their release if I'm not mistaken....I know the 360 was hacked within a year of release....and the PS3 has been out for how long now ? 3 years ? and still no sign of a hack - plus Sony releasing regular updates to firmware too, but they do that with the PSP too as far as I know and yet that's hacked....whatever Sony have done it's working because piracy of any kind simply isn't an issue on their system - and credit to them, if they can beat the hackers and the pirates ontop of releasing top quality exclusive games fairly regularly then they deserve their money as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention having games like Uncharted and MGS4 on the system one can feel confident that these are not by the numbers games and they really push current technology aswell. Personally when it comes to those games I'm glad I paid money for the originals because an original always beats a copy and the developers deserve it - except I got my games pre owned lol.

I'm just waiting for it all to go digital distribution as an option.

mes king
22nd July, 2009, 11:58 PM
i know the psp has been infected with a virus that makes it useless so if thats the case most likely the ps3 can be hacked or even infected with a virus making it into a brick like the psp there has been news that the xbox 360 has had a virus code writing for it.:eek: