PDA

View Full Version : Connecting iBook to BT Home Hub 3 Via WiFi

garry1312
8th April, 2015, 12:28 PM
At the weekend I got given an iBook G4 for peanuts. Old machine but thought why not will give me an insight to the mac world, test drive it so to speak before making any decision on a real purchase.

Got to my digs yesterday and tried connecting it to the WiFi (router BT HB3) no joy. I can see the router within Airport and connect to it but after that connection errors within the browser. Done a factory reset on it mainly to start from scratch and clear anything from it. Still no joy with WiFi and have looked up on this and from what I can tell I would need to change the routers configuration to 802.11 b/g from b/g/n. Is there any other way around this? Not really an issue changing it other than all my devices are N range compatible.

Cheers.

gopher7
8th April, 2015, 05:59 PM
Is your wi-fi on WPA encription.??
If it is drop back to WEP encription, I don't think iBooks with the older Airport card can run on WPA.

garry1312
9th April, 2015, 05:32 PM
yep seems to be the issue mate. Rather than changing settings to the hotels router I may be better off buying a wifi dongle..... may be a bigger challenge though lol