PDA

View Full Version : Block EDC 15 from reading

xtcund
9th April, 2015, 11:14 AM
Hi, as many others, i would like to keep my work from being stolen by others. I only need this for the VAG EDC 15. Is there any way to achieve that? Ideally it would let anyone write a new file but prevent anyone from reading the file stored on the ecu.

Thank you

morgano
9th April, 2015, 11:23 AM
Hard to stop someone to take a EDC15 readout. Always exist bypass methods.

ovi730
9th April, 2015, 11:39 AM
insert no read in winols- 1-st - but is easy to brake. 2 link the file with youtr tool - if you are using an original bdm - unique serial-

Than on 29f400 lift pin 43 and link to 23 - easy as that- write prottection. Seal the ecu with a serial number seal. there is also the method of inserting pop up circuit inside the ecu but if you are opening 2-nd time is off...........
My method is to put epoxy A+B on the chip- nowone will extract that in one pcs - or stick pcb wit epoxy resin iside before sealing.

morgano
9th April, 2015, 11:46 AM
Mate, as usual, have you read what the original poster wants? Prevent read, but not update. Also explain how to use "original BDM" over an EDC15 ecu:pcguru:

ovi730
9th April, 2015, 11:52 AM
read can not be prevent it- or cut the k -line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no obd solution than
put 12V instead ok k-line- a clone tool will fry :) something like that - but come on EDC15 ?????????????

morgano
9th April, 2015, 12:11 PM
Mate, every time you open your mouth you show your skill levels. K-Line is PULLED UP to 12V, how do you expect replace Kline signal by pure 12V wire on obd plug will fry any tool?

Please stop with all this, go study something before throw more statements in the forum, you are going to confuss the newbies.

P.S: Sorry man, my talks with you are over, you have passed to grow my ignored users list. Nice day.

xtcund
10th April, 2015, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys. I don't see why i shouldn't want to protect the reading on an EDC 15. It is old, yes, still, is the most used ecu to build fast drag cars using TDI engines and there's a lot to protect. everybody nowadays now them by heart but not everyone spends hours and hours on the dyno perfecting them and making them a bit stronger than all the other, and for that reason i don't want anybody to take profit from the investment i make everyday. The only solution i ask is to prevent basically clone tools from reading what is in the ECU, however it should be able to be written. i know there's a solution. Just asking if would someone share it with me.

xtcund
10th April, 2015, 10:03 AM
and i know that taking the eprom out will let anyone read, but anyone who has eprom reader must also be a good chip tuner and doesn't need to read other people's work.

This is just aimed for the cheap copiers.

ovi730
11th April, 2015, 06:33 AM
mate , use ecusafe or a damps pack. you can cutt also obd reading . problem is that for some edc15 it will cut also obd access to diagnostic

xtcund
11th April, 2015, 12:05 PM
Ecu Safe only for EDC 16 and EDC 17

nuno_205
23rd October, 2021, 07:02 PM
Hello. Does anyone have a solution on how to do this?

1.9 TDI EDC15V - OBD Read Locked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtFEJfbIgOk

Lambda1
25th October, 2021, 07:02 AM
change seed key...

nuno_205
26th October, 2021, 11:21 PM
change seed key...

Hi. Could you explain me better how to change the key in the seed....

In Vag Edc16/Edc17 and BMW Edc17 already have these solutions, just not getting in Vag Edc 15.

Lambda1
27th October, 2021, 07:52 AM
no, look at your statistics... 11 years 53 posts. absolutly no.
ask the guy where you get the edc16... solutions. He also knows about.

nuno_205
27th October, 2021, 04:04 PM
no, look at your statistics... 11 years 53 posts. absolutly no.
ask the guy where you get the edc16... solutions. He also knows about.

You are right, but for Edc16/Edc17/Me7/Med9/Sismos Pcr2.1 are solutions that are shared by several users.
I am grateful for your help.