PDA

View Full Version : Please help me identify the quartz resonator in this ecu: Lexus RX300

dmp
15th April, 2015, 01:40 AM
Please help me identify the quartz resonator in this ecu from a Lexus RX300. I want to short it to write the immo eeprom in circuit with carprog (I need more practice with my soldering, would rather do it in circuit if possible). I already have the virgin immo file, just need to be able to write it! I have searched for a while now and have been unsuccessful in figuring out which one it is.

Many thanks!

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=309351&stc=1

guillermemosz
15th April, 2015, 02:12 AM
There is three resonators with metal lid every one near to his mcu, but is better to remove the eprom and read directly soic8 is easy and less risky

dmp
15th April, 2015, 03:31 AM
There is three resonators with metal lid every one near to his mcu, but is better to remove the eprom and read directly soic8 is easy and less risky

I'll try to short all 3 and if it doesn't work I'll pull it off the board! (carprog already cleared the data in the chip)

Tks

dmp
16th April, 2015, 01:38 AM
I'll try to short all 3 and if it doesn't work I'll pull it off the board! (carprog already cleared the data in the chip)

Tks

shorting the resonators didn't work, pulled the chip off the board and it was done in minutes