PDA

View Full Version : No Channels. Signal Quality Dropped To 0

Fullygrown
22nd July, 2009, 03:04 AM
Hi there, I was wondering if you forum heads would be able to help me with a problem i am having with my Kryptview a750?

Its worked fine up until around 40 mins ago. All the channels failed to show, the signal strength is fine but the quality has dropped to 0. At first i thought i would just leave it as sometimes the channles do go off for a while. They failed to show, so i did a factory reset. Now it seems like i cant scan for new channels because the signal quality being 0? Well anyways, when i scan i just get scanning finished with no tp's showing up? Pretty miffed to be honest. Im starting to think that they have cut me off or something.. I have double checked the connections and they are all fine and i turned the box of for a while to see if that would work, it never.

Anyone have any clue as to what might be the problem? I did notice for some strange reason the the clock was dead on 00.00 when it happened(even though it wasnt the actual time), maybe coincedence though.

Thanks in advance.

FG

Fullygrown
22nd July, 2009, 07:46 AM
Mods feel free to lock this if you wish. It has started working again. They must of been doing some work because ive never been able to get ss1, ss3 and a few other channels. To my surprise when i scanned this morning, i found i had them!

Anyone know what they might have done for me to recieve these channels?

westkill
22nd July, 2009, 07:50 AM
sounds like the signal has leveled its self out for you, higher or lower signal on the line :)

wilf
22nd July, 2009, 12:21 PM
Mods feel free to lock this if you wish. It has started working again. They must of been doing some work because ive never been able to get ss1, ss3 and a few other channels. To my surprise when i scanned this morning, i found i had them!

Anyone know what they might have done for me to recieve these channels?

the reason you would have received them channels is that the kryptview scans itself, so once its operational it will from then on find any channels that either move frequency and any channels that the original scan didnt pick up. it maybe that the original scan didnt pick them up was you didnt remove your splitter prior to first scan but as you found out it didnt matter cos its abillity to scan itself has found them anyway.

Fullygrown
22nd July, 2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the replies. Well ive had the box a while now and i must of scanned it like 30 or 40 times and never been able to get certain channels. It seems funny that it went of and boom they're all on their now!

wilf
22nd July, 2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. Well ive had the box a while now and i must of scanned it like 30 or 40 times and never been able to get certain channels. It seems funny that it went of and boom they're all on their now!

mmmm maybe it was a bump up in signal strength then from vm working in the area, i have never had any probs with low signal infact mine is too high i have to reduce mine to stop picture pixlating

BARNEY9121
22nd July, 2009, 05:35 PM
kryptview .bin file - hi - any advice to a complete idiot on how to open and to set up system in ireland?

wilf
22nd July, 2009, 06:18 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview 120709 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-120709-793/) firmware here

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Arnet Kryptview Loader (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/arnet-kryptview-loader-426/) loader here

and finally instuction here
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

sherman
23rd July, 2009, 11:21 AM
just adding to thread, exact same thing happened to my boxes on monday, both died for around three hours, with no sig quality showing, dug out my old analogue box, and both started working normally again with signal quality back to normal so just presumed that they were doing maintainance, panic over for now!