PDA

View Full Version : My Virgin Broadband Apparently Will Be Down For A Week

sony007
23rd April, 2015, 08:56 AM
Yeah I felt a slight chill come over me when the I phoned up and the guy calmly said 'oh yes it looks like there is a fault in your area which will be fixed on the 29th' :mad-new:

My question is though is there any way just using my iPhone and if required my laptop to get my dreambox connected ? I don't really want to buy any other additional hardware to be fair.

Nutsandbolts
23rd April, 2015, 09:11 AM
Hi A friend of mine who does not have any broadband in his flat uses his iphone to connect to his Spderbox 6000HD box. I believe he creates an Android connection on his iphone and then its picked up by the Spiderbox after entering a password which is created by the Android connection. Dont know if there is any extra charges etc for this service but am sure someone who is familiar with iphones amy help you.

sony007
23rd April, 2015, 09:54 AM
Hi A friend of mine who does not have any broadband in his flat uses his iphone to connect to his Spderbox 6000HD box. I believe he creates an Android connection on his iphone and then its picked up by the Spiderbox after entering a password which is created by the Android connection. Dont know if there is any extra charges etc for this service but am sure someone who is familiar with iphones amy help you.

Hey great, as long as I know the possibility is out there I can look into it, thanx.

Nutsandbolts
23rd April, 2015, 09:59 AM
Hi Yeah if you get it to work great as it should also work with your laptop..good luck

Regards

digicon
23rd April, 2015, 11:37 AM
Connect the iphone to the laptop as a wireless bridge thus using your 3G/4G T'internet as your temporary broadband, settings are in the iphone menu for tethering

sony007
23rd April, 2015, 03:27 PM
Cheers guys. I've just got back home and the broadband is back on....Dame that was a big scare.

But on a more serious note though man, I didn't realise just how dependant I am on having the internet, if I didn't have 3G/4G on my phone to at least tether to my laptop ....wow! 'It's not good rely on something so much that is out of your control', thats my new mantra:burnout:

Nutsandbolts
23rd April, 2015, 07:42 PM
Hi Good news for you. Totally agree with you about us relying too much on todays technology. Its like when you go into all these supermarkets full of machines doing the work that humans use to do ..god know what its going to be like in 10 years time.

Regards

sony007
23rd April, 2015, 08:36 PM
Hi Good news for you. Totally agree with you about us relying too much on todays technology. Its like when you go into all these supermarkets full of machines doing the work that humans use to do ..god know what its going to be like in 10 years time.

Regards

I've actually heard they've have now invented robots that will cook gourmet meals.... so you know what that mean hey, no more headaches from the significant other:chuncky: