PDA

View Full Version : can u flash dm500 without dreamup

athenrybhoy
23rd April, 2015, 09:51 PM
hi guys my friend bought a dm500 second hand , was working with a a pli jade image but channel list is outdated so i told him i'd put commando image on as it works well for my father...i cannot connect to box with serial cable and usb adapter which i know are working as i only done my fathers in January,it does connect with dcc and i have tried the one where u do it through browser but when i power off and switch back on holding in button on front it just boots up as normal,so i guess my question is can it be flashed any other way... presume serial port on box is goosed.

strat
1st May, 2015, 05:23 AM
wow i haven't touch a dreambox in over 7 years I have some old DM500s and DM800 in my garage just collecting dust and cob webs :D

If my memory is still OK to flash without dreamup etc.. you can FTP to the /var/tmp directory and upload the image file to that directory and rename it to "root.cram**"

Then via the dreambox setup menu can't remember where you should be able to select manual upgrade.

Some forum word filter is fitering out the image file name above i posted.. the image file name is important if not named correct you wont be able to select manual upgrade.

If FTP is not a option and you can telnet into the dreambox then upgrade via telnet.. I can't remember all the commands should be easy to find on youtube or google.

AlecarrTund
14th October, 2016, 10:17 AM
Sorry Alex. I have been sick and I cant remember when the error started. All I can say is that I was waaaay off from what I guessed.

arbano152
27th January, 2017, 10:56 AM
Merci , divers errors sometimes