PDA

View Full Version : ECU Z16XE

sergionel
27th April, 2015, 03:35 PM
anybody help me to repair this ecu from opel astra g z16xe?car does not accelerate over 3500 laps and stop run aleatory.see in attach 2 pictures with this ecu.

thanks in advance!

sergiu

vasko
27th April, 2015, 04:33 PM
problem only 1 side see pictures
you need clear good and solder
solder temp 280-290celsius
I repair 1 ecu 5-6 hours
difficult to solder

sergionel
28th April, 2015, 06:42 AM
ok, thanks very much, but how do i know which wires must be soldered?

leonel
28th April, 2015, 06:29 PM
1.make diagnostics and see which sensors are faulty
2.for the faulty sensors find the ecu pinout and repair

stevebbb
30th April, 2015, 07:08 AM
after 5h...http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=311581&stc=1

TR0UBLESH00TER
25th February, 2017, 11:03 PM
What is the trick with this hybrid ECU ,can not manage to solder at all .Different temp for iron , copper tips , different soldering time ,board preheat ,soldering paste ,tried everything and can not solder at least one wire .The tip seem to cool down almost instantaneous :(

gejzaslapka
26th February, 2017, 03:31 PM
STEVEBBB great work :-)

i hate this kind of ecu's

kos9979
26th February, 2017, 10:55 PM
How can clean this ecu from gel?

fruti
27th February, 2017, 10:33 AM
after 5h...
Good work bro, very nice soldier work!!
But there is something i must ask .... You say 5 hour work .....How much you charge for that?
What is with your eyes after 5 hour work on microscope ?
You not need to change all bridges .....
:)
Regards
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=311581&stc=1[/QUOTE]

TR0UBLESH00TER
27th February, 2017, 12:10 PM
At this moment I think the right price is around 50 euros ,which is a little less that half price of complete start kit (ecu + immobox) so the repair is good business for both the client and me .As the price are going down year after year I will resume to repair just 2 short and 1 long wire found broken .

yokazik
27th February, 2017, 12:32 PM
I think that the price of 50 for such a job is too small. With this job U gan give a guarantee so this is better way than buy used ecu. And U don't know how long new ecu will work.

Aajii
27th February, 2017, 03:30 PM
Some problems with these ecus I have measured: MAP sensor circuit, crankshaft position sensor circuit, sensor gnd, camshaft position sensor circuit.

Engine doesnt start, or rev does not pass 3500rpm / dtcs stored in memory.

One problem with these ecus is that when you repair sigle wire, next one goes bad soon.
Some wires may broke easily while touching/testing.
Best would be to solder all wires for side which have problem, because there can be weak wires that are going to broke soon.

TR0UBLESH00TER
27th February, 2017, 05:54 PM
Today made some progress ,this is my second attempt ,last one two years ago was a total failure but this time seem more promising .
So :
1.Try easy pulling with tweezers both ends of the wires ,if wire is good tweezers will make a snap ,if not the wire will get out from gel
2.With fast little movements remove gel using a toothpick
3.Using some solder paste prepare first the pad on the socket side ,solder a thin copper wire ,choose a real copper one ,try some different types looking for one is easy soldering on the ceramic pcb
4.Give arc shape to the wire and solder the other end to the ceramic pcb .This part is the tricky one ,best result is achieved this way :
-presolder a little blob on the pcb
-presolder a little blob on the wire
-put a little blob on the iron (temp on my Gordak is set at 350 Celsius , with copper tip )
-start heating the wire only first then when it is ready go down to the pcb where soldering must be shorten than a second ! because the pcb draw heat fast
If the soldering isn t successful in the first second better pull up the iron ,let it heat up a few seconds and try again with same short touch
In mine case soldering is done at first attempt but usually try a few more until I am happy with the aspect of it
Fours broken wires took about three hours to complete and I felt sorry when finishing ,must look now for other challenging jobs ,
this seems boring job already :)
Thanks to Jp Ollie for his great tutorial !

stevebbb
27th February, 2017, 09:45 PM
Copper tip , 340 Celsius , preheated ECU , rosin , 4x0.1 silver plated cooper wire , max 3 hour patience , 90~100e and .... "lifetime warranty" ....

yokazik
27th February, 2017, 11:03 PM
Copper tip , 340 Celsius , preheated ECU , rosin , 4x0.1 silver plated cooper wire , max 3 hour patience , 90~100e and .... "lifetime warranty" ....

What type of gel U use??

kos9979
1st March, 2017, 10:51 AM
what type gel pute after finish repair?

Jashmine1983
4th March, 2017, 04:53 PM
I have problem with this type of ECU also..there is no wire loose...and has P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354 codes...misfiring.
I read that is about a driver coil transistor. Can somebody point to it and what replacement part I need to use?
Thanks!

d.zio
4th March, 2017, 07:18 PM
forget this ecu if wires are ok and you have these codes

gejzaslapka
4th March, 2017, 07:36 PM
yes forget it. you have mechanical problem with valves - they are slightly seized in their leads and does not seats correctly to valve seats...... or choice 2 - bad ignition coil or spark plugs

Jashmine1983
4th March, 2017, 09:07 PM
I've replaced sparks and coil...tested the car with another ECU from other car and works good.
The ECU is the problem but I don't know where the driver coil transistor is located on this ECU and I don't know what is the code for It.
I've found information about this problem but no one want to share the repair.

d.zio
4th March, 2017, 09:25 PM
the repair is change ecu

cubica1
5th March, 2017, 01:00 AM
as you can see on the picture...but..this is not short link! :guns:
rgds,
cuby

Jashmine1983
5th March, 2017, 07:07 AM
as you can see on the picture...but..this is not short link! :guns:
rgds,
cuby

Okkk... I did not understand entirely what you meant to say....

cubica1
5th March, 2017, 03:37 PM
Okkk... I did not understand entirely what you meant to say....
and now?
cuby

Jashmine1983
7th March, 2017, 05:51 AM
and now?
cuby

I've verified that...is not this my case...any other problem that could give me misfires?

TR0UBLESH00TER
11th March, 2017, 09:00 PM
Finished another one today,work time around 6 hours for 8 short wires.I still hesitate to replace all because I am afraid that I will put the wires wrong way .
Also the sealing was not good enough ,the usual white melting plastic bar won t fix the cover . The ecu originally had some black stuff which made me believe the ECU is untouched ,but no ,somebody else already did a repair job some time ago ,only 3 short wires

kos9979
12th March, 2017, 08:56 PM
Can you tell what solder do you use?
and how clean tis gel?

TR0UBLESH00TER
13th March, 2017, 01:17 AM
Normal solder ,always replace broken wire with thin copper wire .Gel cleaned with a toothpick and a lot of patience ..

cubica1
13th March, 2017, 02:53 AM
just patience and skill !! No need any special tool or material. NO NEED ALUSOL !!!! I'm talking about Z16XE, Z18XE is other story...totally alu, much complicated and it is better avoid to work..for beginner.
rgds,
cuby

TR0UBLESH00TER
23rd March, 2017, 10:36 AM
Another one (Z16SE ) with no spark in cylinder 1-4 ,is this reparable ? The problem is in ECU ,tested on the bench with OP com activation and using a lamp instead of coil .When activated ,ECU draws more from PSU ,always 2-3 works and 1-4 did nt .Unfortunately wires to the PCB are OK and don t see the transistor ,maybe is it below the PCB
Seem like an dead job to me this one ...

stevebbb
23rd March, 2017, 04:26 PM
look post 24 - 4pcs ignition IGBT , sometime the problem is deeper - not repairable ...

TR0UBLESH00TER
23rd March, 2017, 09:34 PM
Well ,there is a small burn om that ground trace..using some sharp needle I was managed to confirm that 1 and nr 3 transistor are for ignition (this is a waste spark system) .So there is continuity from outside of ECU to transistor ,also spark from bad output for a few minutes .Could that burn on the ground trace cause the problem ?
See maybe can put some solder there and come back with results...

vwphun
24th March, 2017, 08:54 AM
How can be chemical removed the silicone gel?

TR0UBLESH00TER
8th May, 2017, 10:27 PM
Same question and one more:is the white board of Vectra ECU harder to repair than blue board from Astra ECU ?I have 4 Astra repaired but first from Vectra seem to not solder at all .For Astra just solder paste and normal Pb/Sn solder and copper wire and after two hours job is done ,but for Vectra after two days half wires soldered and half wires fail to solder ,even with 125 degrees preheating plate

vladanr
9th May, 2017, 12:25 PM
you have to solder new wires no old al wires ,it is soldering normal with 350 -380 C .we do it hunderd times,for ignition coil if you have eror for all ignitions 1-4 problem is like on picture (that is resistor ) ,only solder about 2mm where is resistor broken.two black lines is laser factory calibration of resistor

TR0UBLESH00TER
1st August, 2017, 10:03 PM
Any chance on a ECU with APP sensor 2 low voltage ?Voltage checked good with scope on the ECU conector ,but ECU see 0 volts on sensor 2.Wire to the PCB good also...

tehnosoftex
9th July, 2018, 05:52 PM
Hi, can anyone knows what type of transistor is this? I damage when open the ecu with a screwdriver. Without it I cannot communicate with ecu anymore. I try to replace with a standard n channel cmos transistor, and I can communicate again with ecu, I manage to erase all errors but when I try to start the car the ecu cut off the communication with the car and cannot talk with it until I off and on the ignition.

volorucinski
20th September, 2018, 04:07 PM
Seems to be a transistor.

volorucinski
20th September, 2018, 04:11 PM
I will cut the wires from the pcb and measure again this evening. Hope to get an exact measurement

TR0UBLESH00TER
20th September, 2018, 06:44 PM
As far I can remember it was a 9 volts regulator ???Better to measure live i a working ECU

volorucinski
20th September, 2018, 09:03 PM
The LDO isn't on the opposite side? In the right corner?

volorucinski
20th September, 2018, 10:04 PM
Here is what i have. Three different measurements and if i remember well, on the top capacitor, there are ~8.6v, as the LDO sends and on the lower capacitor there are 5v.

volorucinski
20th September, 2018, 10:22 PM
And the picture that couldn't be uploaded first time