PDA

View Full Version : skybox f5

jerry1webb
30th April, 2015, 11:15 AM
Hi can anyone tell me how to tell the difference between an original f5 box and a cloned one thanks

Hadron
30th April, 2015, 05:13 PM
If you have the original cardboard box that it came in & it has a QR code on it, you can scan it with a smartphone. If it directs you to skybox.cc, then it's original. If it directs you to hddvbsw.com, then it's a clone.

The latest genuine firmware also shows skybox.cc in the bottom right of the boot screen when loading.

jerry1webb
5th May, 2015, 12:48 PM
thanks mate

jerry1webb
5th May, 2015, 12:52 PM
can anyone tell me do you have to flash a new open box with an image before you can use it

Hadron
5th May, 2015, 01:59 PM
can anyone tell me do you have to flash a new open box with an image before you can use it

The best thing, is to try it with the firmware it comes with. If it works OK, then leave it.

Some V8s boxes & some Libertview boxes were supplied with FTA firmware which needed a reflash to get all the channels, but the majority of boxes should be supplied with working firmware.

TheKop2
4th June, 2015, 04:44 PM
Hi, does anyone know where I can get an updated firmware for my friends F3 skybox??

Hadron
4th June, 2015, 05:13 PM
Hi, does anyone know where I can get an updated firmware for my friends F3 skybox??

There are genuine & clone F3 boxes around.

For genuine firmware skybox.cc
For clone firmware hddvbsw.com

Check what current firmware he has first as there hasn't been any new firmware for the F3 for a couple of years.