PDA

View Full Version : Ramm help please maxed out ? crucial scan

Femalelizzard
25th June, 2008, 09:42 PM
I have a packard bell tower with a IMEDIA 1308 Motherboard inside theres 2 ramm slots the cpu is a 3ghz so i obviously thought with a decent size cpu the ramm slots could hold 2 crucial 1 gig sticks

I have put 1 gig crucial stick in one of the ramm slots but a crucial scan is saying the 2 banks can only hold 512 each surely this is garbage ok im running on a 32system but surely if i chuck another 1gb stick in it should be ok cant be arsed to re-install a new 64system any help please.

as it says 512 max per slot ive already maxed that out by chucking a 1gig will it take another one could i cause damage to my board it is dual compatible

any advice wise folkys :itsme:

smirnoff_rules
25th June, 2008, 09:52 PM
found this

Memory Upgrade for PackardBell imedia 1308, the PackardBell imedia 1308 takes the PC3200 DDR SDRAM DIMMs Memory Type, and comes installed with 512 MB (removable) of Memory. You can upgrade your PackardBell imedia 1308 to up to a maximum of 2.0 GB Memory, the system has 2 sockets to install Memory, already with 512 MB (removable) standard Memory installed. For best system performance use the maximum amount of allowed Memory per slot for your system.
Choose the following Memory Upgrade for PackardBell imedia 1308.

Memory Specifications
Standard Memory 512 MB (removable)
Maximum Memory 2.0 GB
Memory Expansion 2 sockets
Memory Comments PC3200 DDR SDRAM DIMMs
CPU Type 2.93GHz Intel Celeron D 341
Model Comments 533MHz FSB, SiS 661FX Chipset

Dreamer
25th June, 2008, 10:06 PM
Don't know if this will help or not but did you use packardbell's online confugurator to select the correct ram type.

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/memoryconfigurator/

Crucial have an online checker also but you should make sure these match

also check that Crucial have sent the correct one to you. I have had an instance where they sent the wrong memory to me.

Femalelizzard
25th June, 2008, 10:31 PM
found this

Memory Upgrade for PackardBell imedia 1308, the PackardBell imedia 1308 takes the PC3200 DDR SDRAM DIMMs Memory Type, and comes installed with 512 MB (removable) of Memory. You can upgrade your PackardBell imedia 1308 to up to a maximum of 2.0 GB Memory, the system has 2 sockets to install Memory, already with 512 MB (removable) standard Memory installed. For best system performance use the maximum amount of allowed Memory per slot for your system.
Choose the following Memory Upgrade for PackardBell imedia 1308.

Memory Specifications
Standard Memory 512 MB (removable)
Maximum Memory 2.0 GB
Memory Expansion 2 sockets
Memory Comments PC3200 DDR SDRAM DIMMs
CPU Type 2.93GHz Intel Celeron D 341
Model Comments 533MHz FSB, SiS 661FX Chipset

nice one smirn thats exactly the specs of the computer when my pal bought it 2 year ago i swapped him for a lappy yesterday pulled the 512 ramm out and stuck a 1gig in its place i done a crucial scan to by another one thats when i got the SHOCK crucial scan showed results of 512 max in each slot however I thought that was bollox.

looks like a better chuck this spare 512 on ebay might pay the postage on another crucial 1gig the last one cost is ?45 quid why is pc3200 ram so expensive jesus christ lol anyway cheers m8.

PS i clicked your scales on another forum and added to your rep :itsme: lol im saying nowt glad you got good humour bud :rofl:

<--Femalelizzard added 4 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...-->

Don't know if this will help or not but did you use packardbell's online confugurator to select the correct ram type.

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/memoryconfigurator/

Crucial have an online checker also but you should make sure these match

also check that Crucial have sent the correct one to you. I have had an instance where they sent the wrong memory to me.

Thanks for that link dreamer had a quick read I love crucial sticks I know there pricey but ive never found one system thats not freindy with there ramm im just gonna order another one if I have to i will download a 64corp edition of xp pro but think ill just try the extra stick on this first im sick of swapping and changing and starting from fresh think ill have a break lol

<--Femalelizzard added 5 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...-->

can someone reccomend a good VGA card for this board dont do much gaming on pc just a budget upgrade up to a 256 card will do the job.