PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview Flash

bohsfc
23rd July, 2009, 04:45 PM
I have just bought a Kryptview 750 but it came with old software so I need to do a re-flash. It seems that I cannot download the Flash software without sufficient posts. If there is a quicker way can someone please point me in the right direction.
thanks

cityfan1964
23rd July, 2009, 05:31 PM
Guys I'm in the same boat, can any body help...please !!

satsmo
23rd July, 2009, 05:48 PM
Both sorted I presume :)

bohsfc
23rd July, 2009, 06:10 PM
Both sorted I presume :)

Yes, have been able to download the download tool and save the firmware 19032009. However, when I go through everything and click start then turn on the box I get a message stating 'download is not requested' or sometimes 'load file size error'.

Any solution suggestions please.

madman1983
23rd July, 2009, 06:22 PM
Yes, have been able to download the download tool and save the firmware 19032009. However, when I go through everything and click start then turn on the box I get a message stating 'download is not requested' or sometimes 'load file size error'.

Any solution suggestions please.

are you using the right com port? check this thread out and follow the guide word by word:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

also if you are using the right com port and still not working, try re-intsalling the drivers for usb 2 serial devise (if u are using 1 that is)

bohsfc
23rd July, 2009, 06:25 PM
are you using the right com port? check this thread out and follow the guide word by word:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

also if you are using the right com port and still not working, try re-intsalling the drivers for usb 2 serial devise (if u are using 1 that is)

Yes, Com 1. Have tried other com's but computer says nothing connected so has to be the right Com port.

madman1983
23rd July, 2009, 06:44 PM
are u using a laptop or a pc? a usb to serial adaptor?

bohsfc
23rd July, 2009, 07:02 PM
are u using a laptop or a pc? a usb to serial adaptor?

I am using a PC with a null modem cable. (RS232)

madman1983
23rd July, 2009, 07:16 PM
hmm.. you sure you got the right null cable? did it come with the box?

as per wlif post on another thread, the cables are wired different:

null = reverse or cross wired
Serial Null Modem 9-Pin Female to 9-Pin Female : Null Modem Cables : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740)

serial= straight wired
Serial RS232 9-Pin Female to Female : RS232 Serial Cables : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97736)

the load file size error sounds bit odd. the f/w size should be 1280KB.

bohsfc
23rd July, 2009, 07:34 PM
hmm.. you sure you got the right null cable? did it come with the box?

as per wlif post on another thread, the cables are wired different:

null = reverse or cross wired
Serial Null Modem 9-Pin Female to 9-Pin Female : Null Modem Cables : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740)

serial= straight wired
Serial RS232 9-Pin Female to Female : RS232 Serial Cables : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97736)

the load file size error sounds bit odd. the f/w size should be 1280KB.

Well turns out that just before I came back and read your post I decided to borrow a cable from a m8 and it has downloaded successfully.
Just going through the scan at the moment so will keep you updated if this is successful.

bohsfc
23rd July, 2009, 07:37 PM
Happy days are here again. All sorted, Thanks All.:congrats:

madman1983
23rd July, 2009, 07:40 PM
it sounds like u might have the wrong type of the RS232 cable.

but good to hear its falshed fine. scan should go through fine also.

bohsfc
23rd July, 2009, 08:07 PM
it sounds like u might have the wrong type of the RS232 cable.

but good to hear its falshed fine. scan should go through fine also.

Yep, all up and running, cheers. Roll on August 8th for all the Premier League action.

lunatic12
23rd July, 2009, 08:11 PM
is this krypview any good?

madman1983
23rd July, 2009, 08:28 PM

good for what? support wise its the best supported box.

johnebegood
28th July, 2009, 10:58 PM
i just got one in ireland and there is not a bother with it......waiting for the footie....YNWA:proud:

happy days
22nd August, 2009, 10:58 AM
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME WITH THE KRYPTVIEW 750 AS I HAVE LOST SKY SPORT AND SKY MOVIES

smirnoff_rules
22nd August, 2009, 11:00 AM
read my links below

dabs12
27th December, 2010, 03:36 PM
can anyone help got a few problems with my KRYPTVIEW A780 BOX the main one being "scambled or no video" when first turned on in the morning.I am new to this game!

psats
27th December, 2010, 03:41 PM
can anyone help got a few problems with my KRYPTVIEW A780 BOX the main one being "scambled or no video" when first turned on in the morning.I am new to this game!

loads of info if you read some of the other posts.

EAMO 2
27th December, 2010, 05:51 PM
If you are powering off box at night it may take time in morning
to connect with router. Try putting on stand-by at night.
Powering off router at night will give same problem
Make sure firmware is up to date;
MENU--SETTINGS--SW/UDATE--OK

dabs12
27th December, 2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks for replies,i am a elderly pensioner who loves cricket,i had a eurovox which was good,untill a few months ago easy to sort and a mate of mine used to get me the codes when there was a problem.Now this box is no more and unfortunatly my mate also.I needed to watch England defend the ashes down under so got this box from a computer market with just the basic instuctions.Firmware,swand menu settings!!!I am going to need help to keep this box performing.Thanks again.

cactikid
27th December, 2010, 11:34 PM
i presume you know this box needs a live cable feed and a lan/internet connection,under sticker at rear to work.
plenty of reading there if you wish and plenty of help to get you up and running,need a pc and null modem cable for flashing.

dabs12
31st December, 2010, 05:21 PM
o/k with power and lan cable.Got RS232 and null modem cables recently also got a small disc with it?How will i know when the box needs flashing and i will also need to know how to use the RS232 cables and download the software, this is getting realy technical!!

EAMO 2
31st December, 2010, 06:24 PM
o/k with power and lan cable.Got RS232 and null modem cables recently also got a small disc with it?How will i know when the box needs flashing and i will also need to know how to use the RS232 cables and download the software, this is getting realy technical!!
Read thru that guide & use firmware below
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/a780-090910-firmware-release-120009/
If box is new it will almost certainly need to be flashed.

ukbob
31st December, 2010, 06:52 PM
Anyone else got a new firmware through the update menu today..kv a780..
Can't find anyone else who as yet..

Firmware date in system info now showing as 31/12/2010

Not a newbie to kv's...

EAMO 2
31st December, 2010, 07:00 PM
Anyone else got a new firmware through the update menu today..kv a780..
Can't find anyone else who as yet..

Firmware date in system info now showing as 31/12/2010

Not a newbie to kv's...
If you selected s/w update today & box updated firmware it
would be normal to show today's date. If your channels are still
clearing I wouldn't worry about it

ukbob
31st December, 2010, 07:27 PM
If you selected s/w update today & box updated firmware it
would be normal to show today's date. If your channels are still
clearing I wouldn't worry about it

I knew that, what i'm saying as anyone else updated today?
People are still saying 09/09/10 is the latest fw..and i'm losing it..

EAMO 2
31st December, 2010, 07:42 PM
I knew that, what i'm saying as anyone else updated today?
People are still saying 09/09/10 is the latest fw..and i'm losing it..
09/09/10 is latest firmware issued for flashing with loader.
Your box is not losing that firmware it's just installing a patch on
that firmware.

antsumner
31st December, 2010, 07:51 PM
yeah just updated mine through menu aswell.

dabs12
1st January, 2011, 12:36 PM
eamo2 Thanks for recent info.Box was flashed when i got it,works well but when its been on a few hours comes up [scrambled or no video]have to turn router on and off,box on and off several times before problem goes.Sometimes if it happens late at night i wait till folowing day to get it on.

cactikid
1st January, 2011, 12:48 PM
that sounds like a network problem,my wireless laptop was like that also last night on/off/on/off check your connections first.
forgot to ask tv package+ bb or just bb,making sure its not a signal issue/splitters etc.

dabs12
1st January, 2011, 07:26 PM
my tv package is m ?

cactikid
1st January, 2011, 07:48 PM
ok if you have as said a tv sub signal should be higher than just broadband,sound like a bb problem,cables or wireless connections.

EAMO 2
2nd January, 2011, 12:01 PM
eamo2 Thanks for recent info.Box was flashed when i got it,works well but when its been on a few hours comes up [scrambled or no video]have to turn router on and off,box on and off several times before problem goes.Sometimes if it happens late at night i wait till folowing day to get it on.
Update your firmware;
MENU--SETTINGS--S/W UPDATE--OK.
When complete try INFO button to check signal levels

no idea 100
2nd January, 2011, 12:25 PM
I have just bought a Kryptview 750 but it came with old software so I need to do a re-flash. It seems that I cannot download the Flash software without sufficient posts. If there is a quicker way can someone please point me in the right direction.
thanks

Just a quick tip, when using mains ethernet senders (Homeplugs) plug them directly into the mains not via extension leads as this will reduce the signal and cause freezing...

dabs12
2nd January, 2011, 02:50 PM
eamo2 when you say update firmware,does that mean re-flash the box with the firmware in your earlier suggestion?

The menu says software update o.k.

cactikid
2nd January, 2011, 03:19 PM
eamo2 when you say update firmware,does that mean re-flash the box with the firmware in your earlier suggestion?

The menu says software update o.k.
in system info if it shows 31122010 that is the last lan update ,as in no removing box and flashing,its all done online.if not do below

Update your firmware;
MENU--SETTINGS--S/W UPDATE--OK.
When complete try INFO button to check signal levels
always factory reset box 0000 to delete and power off at back for 30 secs,follow the guides for scanning .

robbeno
2nd January, 2011, 04:38 PM
hi im waiting for my k780 to arrive ive installed the loader and firmware to desktp, ive bought the usb to rs232 lead, but i read somewere u av to install the lead ? and im on vista is this no good ?

EAMO 2
2nd January, 2011, 05:32 PM
hi im waiting for my k780 to arrive ive installed the loader and firmware to desktp, ive bought the usb to rs232 lead, but i read somewere u av to install the lead ? and im on vista is this no good ?
Vista makes it more awkward, but if you got disk with USB-lead
it should be no problem to install
Have a read thru this guide
If you don't have disc for USB-serial lead take a look here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Prolific Driver Installer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/prolific-driver-installer-1370/)

dabs12
4th January, 2011, 05:05 PM
Things seem to be going o.k. not seen scrambled no video since following advice,thanks again.Also seem to improve things when i put a filter on the main BT inlet socket,could have had a bit of noise interference there.

dabs12
23rd January, 2011, 11:27 AM
Hello again,got a couple of questions:-
1.Can someone please explain in the installation menu there is a sub menu:-Channnel data transfer,in it there is s/wtransfer and channel data transfer.When i`ve tried to use them after a short delay they display failed on the 780 screen?
2.When all channels are o.k.E.G.Films why does one that is usually alright come scrambled or no video.Is there a way to get it back?

EAMO 2
23rd January, 2011, 11:49 AM
Hello again,got a couple of questions:-
1.Can someone please explain in the installation menu there is a sub menu:-Channnel data transfer,in it there is s/wtransfer and channel data transfer.When i`ve tried to use them after a short delay they display failed on the 780 screen?
2.When all channels are o.k.E.G.Films why does one that is usually alright come scrambled or no video.Is there a way to get it back?
s/w data & ch data transfer are for copying firmware or channel lists from one box to another. The sub-menu you need is S/W
UPDATE. Click OK on this & it will update your firmware
Have heard of people with some minor channels scrambled but
not movies or sports. Maybe your signal levels are weak. Make
sure all cables & connections are good. Downloading on PC may
cause loss of picture thru box

dabs12
23rd January, 2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks eamo2 for explanation.
My t.v.is about 20mt.from my router,could this affect signal strength?What is a good signal strength and how can i improve it?

dabs12
23rd January, 2011, 04:43 PM
Just tried film channel that was scrambled no video,o.k.now,not done anything only switched router and 780 box on to watch football!!

EAMO 2
23rd January, 2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks eamo2 for explanation.
My t.v.is about 20mt.from my router,could this affect signal strength?What is a good signal strength and how can i improve it?
20 metre LAN-cable is not ideal but should not affect signal strength About 80% signal strength is good for KV box. Poor cables or connections, too many splitters, no basic TV sub, can
all weaken signal. What are your signal strength & quality

dabs12
24th January, 2011, 04:25 PM
Sorry eamo2 what is no basic TV sub?
Signal strength and quality varys,77,78,79,80,81,82.
Splitters,one on incoming cable line only.
The film channel that came scrambled the other day has a signal strength and quality of 79and80 respectively!!

EAMO 2
24th January, 2011, 05:47 PM
Sorry eamo2 what is no basic TV sub?
Signal strength and quality varys,77,78,79,80,81,82.
Splitters,one on incoming cable line only.
The film channel that came scrambled the other day has a signal strength and quality of 79and80 respectively!!
Some providers cap your signal levels if you are paying for B/B
only, & not paying for TV channels.
Your signal levels seem fine. If you have Prov box check in menu
for Prov name & NET-ID. Re-scan box using correct Prov & ID
Before you scan update firmware in KV A780 box(s/w update OK)
Then disconnect LAN-cable from box & factory reset box
Proceed with scan & connect LAN-cable to box when complete
Re-boot router & box if necessary

dabs12
25th January, 2011, 10:58 AM
eamo2thanks for advice you have given,it`s pointed me in the right direction and helped me to try and understand how the box works.

dabs12
26th January, 2011, 01:50 PM
Hello eamo2 had early start this morning,put cricket on at 6-30am.cut a long story short we won.Tried the movie that comes scrambled no video and it is!! strength 82,79 respectively all other movie channels and everything else is o.k.what next?

EAMO 2
26th January, 2011, 02:15 PM
Hello eamo2 had early start this morning,put cricket on at 6-30am.cut a long story short we won.Tried the movie that comes scrambled no video and it is!! strength 82,79 respectively all other movie channels and everything else is o.k.what next?

Don't know if you're saying problem channel is working or not
What's the name of movie channel that's giving you trouble
You have checked in Prov box menu for correct prov & net-id
Your channel list should be bbc1,bbc2,itv1, etc when you scan
using correct net-id

dabs12
26th January, 2011, 02:59 PM
Channel not working is True Movie1.
bbc1,2,itv.are all in correct order.

EAMO 2
26th January, 2011, 03:43 PM
Channel not working is True Movie1.
bbc1,2,itv.are all in correct order.
The problem you have is beyond my remit. I dont know what else to say to you. I think I will refer you to the very eminent
CACTIKID, a renowned expert on KV boxes

dabs12
26th January, 2011, 07:38 PM
eamo2,switched KV box and Router on @ 6-30pm this evening True Movies is o.k!!! Thanks once again for all your help,look forward to meeting cactikid

dabs12
26th January, 2011, 09:39 PM
8-30pm.shopping channels scrambled onKV780.True Movie o.k. Sports channels o.k.Switch to cable box shopping channels o.k.!!!

cactikid
26th January, 2011, 11:14 PM
there are so many factors with new boxes,having the latest firmware all cables good and tight,bad splitters which can give you channel loss,provider having problems with signal and a tp down affecting a few channels or server having a problem,signal and quality need to be in around 80s for best performance.sounds more like outside problem if you do nothing and it comes back by itself.

maca
26th January, 2011, 11:21 PM
think it could be tp down m8 sly sports news been off in lipool for a few hours now..

dabs12
27th January, 2011, 01:09 PM
cactikid thanks for reply,what`s a tp?

EAMO 2
27th January, 2011, 01:24 PM
cactikid thanks for reply,what`s a tp?

TP is transponder. Your channels will scan in on more than 20
diff transponder frequencies. If you are only missing shopping
channels my heart bleeds for you

dabs12
27th January, 2011, 05:17 PM
got to keep the wife happy as well,going to try home plug system instead of 20mt.earthen net cable,what do you think?

EAMO 2
27th January, 2011, 05:25 PM
got to keep the wife happy as well,going to try home plug system instead of 20mt.earthen net cable,what do you think?
They seem to work fine with boxes

dabs12
30th January, 2011, 12:56 PM
When i bought my "freeview"box i was told to scan about every 6 weeks or so.What do you suggest for KV780,and which is the best method,auto.manual, or factory reset?

EAMO 2
30th January, 2011, 01:12 PM
When i bought my "freeview"box i was told to scan about every 6 weeks or so.What do you suggest for KV780,and which is the best method,auto.manual, or factory reset?
You should only need to scan when any working channels go off
Fac-reset, remove LAN-cable, Auto-scan is best
If you turn on POWER SEARCH MODE in menu & put box in
stand-by overnight it will find any missing channels

dabs12
30th January, 2011, 08:27 PM
Thank`s for advice eamo2,should get my "homeplugs"sometime near future let you know how they do.I read somewhere that 90 degree bends in earthent cables are not good.Got 6!!! in my 20mt.length.

dabs12
3rd February, 2011, 09:28 AM
When i use POWER SEARCH MODE OVERNIGHTshould i first update the S/W,then leave LAN.LINE connected and ROUTER switched on?

EAMO 2
3rd February, 2011, 03:30 PM
When i use POWER SEARCH MODE OVERNIGHTshould i first update the S/W,then leave LAN.LINE connected and ROUTER switched on?
Yes make sure firmware is up to date, hit OK on S/W update.
Box will scan for channels on stand-by without LAN-cable
connected or router turned on, so you can do it any way you like

dabs12
3rd February, 2011, 05:26 PM
Thank`s for all your help since i joined.

dabs12
9th February, 2011, 07:44 PM
Hello eamo2 said i would let you know when i have the "homeplug" system installed,o.k. so far,did has you advised for the scan,so far so good.
Will kv780 work with a satellite system?

cactikid
9th February, 2011, 09:42 PM
no kv is a cable tuner only

dabs12
10th February, 2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks for Sat.info.
In kv,menu there is a list and at the bottom it says signal deviation off,try to change it but nothing happens,whats this?

DW190
10th February, 2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks for Sat.info.
In kv,menu there is a list and at the bottom it says signal deviation off,try to change it but nothing happens,whats this?

Slight changes to the signal deviation can sometimes cure pixelating.

dabs12
14th February, 2011, 05:37 PM
What would be needed to use kvbox with satellite system,would the kvbox need flashing again?Would i need a provider.

cactikid
14th February, 2011, 09:40 PM
What would be needed to use kvbox with satellite system,would the kvbox need flashing again?Would i need a provider.

as said you cant use on sat:puke:

DW190
14th February, 2011, 09:40 PM

No firmware or tuner for Sat on the KV.

joe3666
15th February, 2011, 12:34 AM
i have to unplug the ethernet cable to recieve freeview channels this can't be right can it????????????

DW190
15th February, 2011, 12:42 AM
i have to unplug the ethernet cable to recieve freeview channels this can't be right can it????????????

Are you saying you dont get freeview channels with the ethernet plugged in?

dabs12
15th February, 2011, 10:47 AM
Sorry about kv/sat.question,not read the reply as i should have.:stupido2:

dabs12
2nd March, 2011, 12:13 PM
Hello again,got a big problem:-
KV780 left in "stand by" overnight with power search mode ON.When switched on a.m.message from provider to phone a No.
Can`t get any channels only bbc1,2,itv.ch4.ch5.bbc24hr news.Tried auto/scan,factory reset.Can not get channels back message appears Scrambled no video?

barrowmanandrew
2nd March, 2011, 12:15 PM
kryptview are down m8...
it appears to be a vermin issue...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/box-gone-off-193105/

dabs12
2nd March, 2011, 08:06 PM
Panic over,factory re-set all channels back,just in time to see Ireland beat England at cricket:(well done!!

dabs12
2nd April, 2011, 12:34 PM
Whats happend to the box again,gone off on Friday,still off Saterday,tried factory resst,also s/w update still off.Anybody any ideas!!!

cactikid
2nd April, 2011, 12:42 PM
have you not read the other kv threads yet?? they have gone down as in not working so wait and see.

dabs12
3rd April, 2011, 12:51 PM
Not familiar with working of threads etc.What do i click to read whats going on?:stupido:

kevlinks
3rd April, 2011, 12:54 PM
Not familiar with working of threads etc.What do i click to read whats going on?:stupido:

Just look at all posts on kv a780.........:celtictop:

dabs12
3rd April, 2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for that,lets hope box is back on soon:bawling:!!