PDA

View Full Version : Odd Services Problem

hatrick66
26th June, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hi Guys,

Got a really odd problem with my DBOX.

After losing a few channels on my Andromeda V2.0 Image, I decided to do a rescan and noticed the channels disappeared completely.

Thinking my image was borked I reflashed but still had same problem. I tried the new Blade Quad Image but couldn't find any channels at all.

I started to experiment, and copied a back up copy of my Services.xml to the box, rebooted and had all my Channels back bar the ones that originally went missing.

Does anyone have any ideas? I had this problem back in Feb, and I just changed images, removed the Services.XML file, did a full UK Scan and got it working again - this time with no success.

Any ideas guys?

gizmo.1484
26th June, 2008, 04:43 PM
If your service XML is a old one some off the frequency's for them channel's might have changed so the best thing is to set your location in the blue button menu and try another scan if that does not work download a service XML for your area or close to you from downloads.

hatrick66
26th June, 2008, 05:09 PM
Ok will give that a go tonight -totally forgot about the Location bit.

We have two for Luton for some reason, will try both and see what happens.

Thanks.

gizmo.1484
26th June, 2008, 05:22 PM
Ok will give that a go tonight -totally forgot about the Location bit.

We have two for Luton for some reason, will try both and see what happens.

Thanks.

Ones probably for ntl the other for telewest it should say at the end of the town

hatrick66
26th June, 2008, 08:04 PM
Hi,

We have never had telewest here, always been NTL, but I will give it a go.

If I was to delete the existing services.xml and do a scan, will the box recreate it?

Derekwd
26th June, 2008, 11:00 PM
Yes the box will recreate it, but do a backup of your existing one first.

Derek

hatrick66
27th June, 2008, 04:58 PM
I will give that a go tonight, already have my services.xml and bouqets backed up, lets see what happens.

Very odd as only noticed a channel missing the other day when the missus wanted to watch one of the indians ones, and it was gone...

menacez
28th June, 2008, 10:32 AM
Do you have a good signal? I know sometimes I find doing multiple scans give diff results and I end up combing all the services.xml files in one to get a complete list.

hatrick66
29th June, 2008, 12:37 PM
I have just thought about that, will check the connections etc.

Thanks guys.

hatrick66
30th June, 2008, 08:04 PM
Hi Guys,

So found the channels again (the auto scan) but when I go to the channel it says 'error - not available'

I have given up, think the missus will have to make do without the missing channels.

Thanks for you help guys.