PDA

View Full Version : 04 Acura MDX 77960-S3V-C020-M1 SRS questions and help, if possible

ledojo
13th May, 2015, 02:46 AM
So, this module is not from the same car. Original module was replaced with this one and I have no access to original module for this car.

In addition, I can tell someone removed the eeprom previously, so I assume they did not clean properly.

Question: What do I have to clean to be able to install and initialize OPDS?

I've attached both crash and clear. The clear DOES NOT let me initialize OPDS. I was able to calibrate SWS, but stuck on OPDS.

Hoping someone has insight on this.

Thank you in advance.

ctype02
13th May, 2015, 03:08 AM
I run across similar problems with Honda and Acura when using good file from the tested modules, scanner doesn't let me do the opds,scanner gives error car is not equipped with opds , so someone can figure out this problem would be good

ledojo
13th May, 2015, 04:56 AM
I'm guessing I can't initialize OPDS because the dump/module are not original to the car....

But it could be that my clear is done incorrectly.

Also, my clear is based on the dump from someone else's previous attempt, so that may be another possibility.

lwood
13th May, 2015, 10:38 PM
So, this module is not from the same car. Original module was replaced with this one and I have no access to original module for this car.

In addition, I can tell someone removed the eeprom previously, so I assume they did not clean properly.

Question: What do I have to clean to be able to install and initialize OPDS?

I've attached both crash and clear. The clear DOES NOT let me initialize OPDS. I was able to calibrate SWS, but stuck on OPDS.

Hoping someone has insight on this.

Thank you in advance.

what is the part # of the original module???

ledojo
13th May, 2015, 11:04 PM

I assume it is the same. I had another 04 MDX a long while back and it is the same part number. At this time, I haven't a choice but to assume they replaced with the same part #.

ledojo
13th May, 2015, 11:07 PM
The car was driven around with LEDs removed from instrument cluster so many warning lights weren't working.

I think that this car had the module replaced with a same part # module only because it has those yellow paint marks on screws... But those could be there from last clear attempt?

Pretty sure the part # is correct for this car though can't be 100%.

FxShaw
13th May, 2015, 11:23 PM
I think you clear too much...try out and let me know back.

lwood
14th May, 2015, 01:05 AM
I assume it is the same. I had another 04 MDX a long while back and it is the same part number. At this time, I haven't a choice but to assume they replaced with the same part #.
i have a clear dump.. if you want it.

ledojo
14th May, 2015, 07:42 PM
I think you clear too much...try out and let me know back.

I tried this and now I have three codes: 81-64, 85-64, 85-78. First two weren't there before.

ledojo
14th May, 2015, 07:44 PM
Actually, I never got any internal failure of OPDS codes before trying to repair either.

qubits
14th May, 2015, 09:28 PM
Call the dealer and they will tell you the p#!
Even if the p# is different you should be able to use the dump from the correct module and it will work.

As long as hardware and pins are the same.

qubits
14th May, 2015, 09:30 PM
While you're at it. get the part num for the opds. Just in case someone replaced it with a wrong part.

lwood
14th May, 2015, 11:39 PM
here you go..

FxShaw
14th May, 2015, 11:57 PM
3 codes yes... but did you try to program the opds with the file I sent u?

ledojo
15th May, 2015, 12:05 AM
3 codes yes... but did you try to program the opds with the file I sent u?

Yes, I did. No-go.

lwood
15th May, 2015, 12:56 AM
dump clear.

FxShaw
15th May, 2015, 12:57 AM
Might be issue with opds unit then. all codes point to it.

ledojo
15th May, 2015, 01:02 AM
Might be issue with opds unit then. all codes point to it.

Normally, I'd agree, but those codes weren't there before removing module.

ctype02
15th May, 2015, 03:16 AM
Like I said before once you get the code from scanner car is not equipped with opds or it's doesn't let you do the opds , orginal module or new module is the only choice

ledojo
15th May, 2015, 03:44 AM
Like I said before once you get the code from scanner car is not equipped with opds or it's doesn't let you do the opds , orginal module or new module is the only choice

New SRS module? Or opds module?

And, I know I've had similar codes before and it was because I cleared the crash incorrectly. After someone with more experience corrected my errors, all went away. I thought this was this same situation again.

ctype02
15th May, 2015, 05:18 AM
If its the original module than yes you can clear and it will be ok , but if you are using same part # from diff car than you will have the opds issue if the scanner doesn't let you re initialize the seat

ledojo
15th May, 2015, 11:39 AM
If its the original module than yes you can clear and it will be ok , but if you are using same part # from diff car than you will have the opds issue if the scanner doesn't let you re initialize the seat

So, replace SRS module from dealer? Or get another used opds module? This is and was my assumption from the beginning. And so this thread requesting possible help.

As a note, I believe this specific SRS module is still quite pricey. I will update.

FxShaw
15th May, 2015, 12:21 PM
If you look up the codes you are getting then you will know that replacing the srs unit wont help...there is a good chance that replacing the opds might not work too.. make sure the seat is dry for about 30min and nothing on it or under the seat...and disconnect the battery and connect back and try to reprogram it or just someone else with a another scanner to try and program it..I did look up the module # and it is for a 2004 acura mdx.

ctype02
15th May, 2015, 02:41 PM
Any issue I have with opds that not fixable , I just buy new srs module and it works out

Teeguru
2nd February, 2023, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the file

Teeguru
2nd February, 2023, 05:20 PM
here you go..

what is the file password please?