PDA

View Full Version : 2011 sierra change units to English

learing1
14th May, 2015, 05:37 PM
Hi I have a 2011 GMC sierra that doesn't have the info controls to the left of the dash.

I want to change to units from metric to English.

Is there any way to do this.

I have been told 1/3 ways
#1 reprogram the bcm?
I took it to the dealer they didn't know how
#2 told it says how to change it in the owners manual. But this doesn't seem to exist
#3 change the speedo to a usa speedo Instead of Canadian?

the 4 buttons you can use to the left of the dash don't exist.

Thanks in advance

clusters
14th May, 2015, 06:02 PM
All clusters of that era have the DIC active, just the switches are left out of some vehicles. If you can source a switch, power the cluster on the bench, connect the switch to the cluster and use it to set to English. The switch uses a resistor bridge and according to the resistance performs one of three functions.

Switch pin 1 to cluster pin 2
Switch pin 2 to cluster pin 19

There is one byte in the eeprom that can be changed for E/M, but I don't know the address. I lost all files when my computer burned up in fire.

Edit: Found a resistance chart that may work for the switches.

info: 510 Ohms
Personalization: 1020 Ohms
Set: 2020 Ohms

If you have the truck there, pull the panel to the left of the cluster, there should be a connector there for the DIC switch, 5 wires. You can use the DIC function by using the right resistor across the dark green/white wire and the brown wire.

learing1
19th May, 2015, 07:29 AM
This is a 2011 model.

I am thinking of plugging it into a car with the buttons and changing it. I have been told this works. I'll check if this is possible with the resistors if changing it in another truck doesn't work.

clusters
19th May, 2015, 07:54 AM
Of course it's possible, the resistors just emulate the switch. If you have a truck with a switch available, borrow the switch and plug it into your truck, the wiring is there.

hero112
9th January, 2016, 05:52 PM
did this work