PDA

View Full Version : Dm500s Double NAT

satkid
24th July, 2009, 09:33 AM
I want to share my Dm500s Cardserver but its located behind what I called a "Double NAT " because its connected to Netgear WGU614 Router ( 192.168.X.X) and ISP Smartbro Broadband connection ( 192.233.15.X).
When I use WhatsismyIp.com and CheckIP.dyndns.com is giving the correct IP of 121.1.53.X. Here are my options:
1.Is it possible to use Hamachi for Dm500s ?
2. OpenVPN for DM500s
3, Nokia E71 Mobile Internet connection sharing.

To overcome the issue of Port Forwarding on Double NAT on Dm500s as Cardserver.

Im using the Pli Jade3

thanks for any help , advise.

satkid
25th July, 2009, 03:03 AM
Im trying to use this feature in my Router. but still doesnt work.
Port Triggering is an advanced feature that can be used for gaming and other internet applications. Port Forwarding can typically be used to enable similar functionality, but it is static and has some limitations.

Port Triggering opens an incoming port temporarily and does not require the server on the internet to track your IP address if it is changed by DHCP, for example.

Port Triggering monitors outbound traffic. When the router detects traffic on the specified outbound port, it remembers the IP address of the computer that sent the data and "triggers" the incoming port. Incoming traffic on the triggered port is then forwarded to the triggering computer.

Using the Port Triggering page, you can make local computers or servers available to the Internet for different services (for example, FTP or HTTP), to play Internet games (like Quake III), or to use Internet applications (like CUseeMe).

Port Forwarding is designed for FTP, Web Server or other server based services. Once port forwarding is set up, request from Internet will be forwarded to the proper server. On the contrary, port triggering will only allow request from Internet after a designated port is 'triggered'. Port triggering applies to chat and Internet games.

Please help.

thanks
Satkid

satkid
27th July, 2009, 03:29 AM