PDA

View Full Version : Flashing DBOX via router

darconio
26th June, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hi everybody
I'm about to flash my dbox with the blade quad image using IFA.
My DBOX is sitting behind a router would this create a problem?
Would it be better to connect the box directly to the laptop?
Thanks a million

thebigman
26th June, 2008, 04:41 PM
before doing anything make a back up of your current image just in case choose save without boot loader from the settings menu. Then copy it from the temp folder on your dbox to your pc
I would use an ftp program and place the image in the temp folder on the dbox if you have it networked. you can then flash it via the settings menu choose flash without bootloader.

IF you want to connect directly to your laptop you will need a crossover cable.

thebigman

gizmo.1484
26th June, 2008, 04:49 PM
Hi everybody
Thanks a million

You can connect by your router to your dbox or use a xover cable to connect straight to your pc but ALWAYS back up your image first before flashing

MetMan
26th June, 2008, 05:06 PM
Hi everybody
Thanks a million

i've only ever used a router.....can u connect to the img u got on there now? if so, as thebigman says, save current img and ftp new img to temp file and flash thru box....no need to use ifa unless u can't connect to current img.....always handy to save service and bouquet files if already set up...

darconio
26th June, 2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks a million guys
I will give it a go to the method without IFA (only when there isn't any football!)

BRIN_1307
27th June, 2008, 11:18 AM
Download FLASHFXP from google great programme. Then connect from dbox to ur router and set the ip of the dbox within the range of ur router(mine is 192.168.0.100 this might help just check ur router ip on the bottom of the router or through ur network card). U dont even have to use a xover cable for this all i used was a straight ethernet cable and it works fine.

REMEMBER BACKUP:
Service & Bouquet

Once backup and connected to FLASHFXP just drag over ur image from ur pc files ( left side) to the dbox files in the TMP foldr (right side).

On the dbox go to DBOX => SERVICES => IMAGE UPGRADE/BACKUP => EXPERT FGUCTIONS => FLASH ON PARTITION => FLASH WITHOUT BoOTLOADER.

Hope this helps if it does just clik the THANX buttom
CHEERS M8

darconio
27th June, 2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks to all your tips I managed to set Blade quad on my dbox
I stiil have to browse around the options but so far so good
Cheers everybody