PDA

View Full Version : Opel CD30 MP3 Grundig 24c32 + 93c56 problems

PartyTwist
23rd May, 2015, 05:58 PM
Hello,

I got an Opel CD30 MP3 with Borg display that says "Display Safe" and "Program Display". I tried programming it with Tech2 but can't because it doesen't communicate with IPC (probably problem with my J2534 and Tech2Win setup). Then I tried deactivating the "Display safe" - where Tech2 says I have to do it via CD30 and there it says that the deactivation doesen't succeed. I got the pin from the radio dump and official Opel dealer (same pin). Also the radio plays correctly. So I guess there's something wrong with the display?
I'm attaching both EEPROMs in hopes that someone can help me with any pointers/instructions.

Thanks!

murat332
23rd May, 2015, 06:14 PM
Model: Grundig CD 30 MP3
Serial: GM0D3079990536

display Code 5271
radio Code 7468

to marry the screen with Tech2 with radio :stung:

PartyTwist
24th May, 2015, 10:11 AM
So now if I understand right I have to go to Tech2, EHU (or whatewer is the name of the radio) and do Activate Protection? Or is there a separate option for marrying? Looks like I'll have to play a bit with it again, thanks!

murat332
25th May, 2015, 08:15 AM
yes my friend
will be negative if different options :stung:

PartyTwist
25th May, 2015, 11:08 PM
So it looks like the Borg display is disabled (UNIT DISABLED) as someone played with it before. So looks like that's why stuff doesen't work with Tech2. So I'll have to get some clean eeprom copies or something like that for the display :)

Thanks for the help!

PartyTwist
6th June, 2015, 03:24 PM
So that I don't open a new thread, could someone get me pin from new GID display I got for this. Siemens VDO with 93c66.

Thanks in advance!

bogege
6th June, 2015, 03:39 PM
4815 try.......................................

PartyTwist
6th June, 2015, 05:44 PM
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. What exactly do I have to do in tech2? Because I can only try to deactivate/activate theft protection in EHU (GID says that deactivation can only be done via EHU) and no matter the code I try (either from radio or from GID) it errors out. And I can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong.

Any help/instructions would be appreciated.

EDIT:
So from what I gather the correct procedure is to first deactivate security in EHU with car/EHUs security code, and then activate it again with your new GID/screens code. But I'm getting Deactivation unsuccessful errors :/

PartyTwist
6th December, 2016, 09:30 AM
So after a year and a half this car came back to one of my collegues. With the SiemensVDO GID still showing "display safe" after 10 seconds. Radio itself is decoded/married with vehicles VIN/PIN. But display is not. After 2 attemts of deactivating security in display with OP-COM and above code I came to conclusion that unfortunately the code is not good. Can someone calculate me the code of Siemens VDO display from above dump? Thanks!

nikz
6th December, 2016, 09:35 AM
code 4815 good..............

shooting
6th December, 2016, 09:47 AM
So after a year and a half this car came back to one of my collegues. With the SiemensVDO GID still showing "display safe" after 10 seconds. Radio itself is decoded/married with vehicles VIN/PIN. But display is not. After 2 attemts of deactivating security in display with OP-COM and above code I came to conclusion that unfortunately the code is not good. Can someone calculate me the code of Siemens VDO display from above dump? Thanks!

If you see "DISPLAY SAFE" permanently shown after 10 seconds,
this means that the Display has not been correctly programmed to the vehicle.

"CAR - SCREEN - RADIO" all three must be programmed together

wbr

PartyTwist
6th December, 2016, 10:55 AM
Ok, so when I try to disable security without radio in the GID, it fails because the code is that of car already? Ok that makes sense. Anyone knows what's the wait time with 5 remaining trys? :D So if I see "I.D. OK", means that the code is OK and I only need to change can bus configs and index coding?

CAR-RADIO looks OK to me, as radio plays afaik.

shooting
6th December, 2016, 11:15 AM
Ok, so when I try to disable security without radio in the GID, it fails because the code is that of car already? Ok that makes sense. Anyone knows what's the wait time with 5 remaining trys? :D So if I see "I.D. OK", means that the code is OK and I only need to change can bus configs and index coding?

CAR-RADIO looks OK to me, as radio plays afaik.

Just need to know the car's pin then pair the screen to the car.... then you can pair the radio to the screen

wbr

KierAn20
6th December, 2016, 12:05 PM

Display has a marker for uhp in it - does the car have a UHP4 fitted do you know?

Put this dump in radio and wait timer will be fine:

PartyTwist
7th December, 2016, 09:38 AM
No, looks like car doesen't have UHP4 installed. I'll fix the timer and then try to "Deactivate theft protection without radio" in GID with 4815 PIN. Then "Activate theft protection without radio" in GID with CAR PIN. And then "Deactivate theft protection" in EHU/CD 30MP3 (which now plays and is activated/deactivated with CARs pin) and "Activate theft protection" with CARs pin. Will report back when I figure this thing out goddamit.

Thanks for all the info and help!

KierAn20
7th December, 2016, 10:43 AM
No, looks like car doesen't have UHP4 installed. I'll fix the timer and then try to "Deactivate theft protection without radio" in GID with 4815 PIN. Then "Activate theft protection without radio" in GID with CAR PIN. And then "Deactivate theft protection" in EHU/CD 30MP3 (which now plays and is activated/deactivated with CARs pin) and "Activate theft protection" with CARs pin. Will report back when I figure this thing out goddamit.

Thanks for all the info and help!

Just put the radio dump in above and you shouldn't need to even go near it with Tech2 or Opcom mate.

PartyTwist
7th December, 2016, 11:52 AM
Thanks, this worked wonders!

I still don't have an idea what I did wrong when I tried to deactivate GID protection/put it in delivery mode. But now it works, so I'm very happy! Thanks!

cubica1
7th December, 2016, 01:55 PM
working married dumps...perhaps somebody need in the future....

rgds,
cuby

GM Delphi Grunding
CD30
No: 13262382
UZT
CA
034451 Made in Portugal
GM0D3281102695

M24C32

Display:
13 284 430
2033011-3
FD:7/08
HW: D2.00
SW: 30.03.2006/0
EJ

microchip 93C56 x8

julian36
18th January, 2018, 01:43 PM
Hi

Could anyone kindly help me with pairing one cdmp3 aux with GID?
I took the GID and cdmp3 dumps from here, but seems that aux function is not active anymore on my cd mp3. They work ok without errors, but no aux function.
Now i have two options: add somehow the aux function to the cdmp3 dump posted here or pair the original cdmp3 aux with the dump posted here, which is already programmed and working on GID.
Atached.
radio.zip with 24c32 and 93c66 (original dump with aux and dump posted here for GID)
radio1.zip with 24c32 (dump posted here for cdmp3 without aux)

Thank you!

shooting
18th January, 2018, 02:56 PM
Hi

Could anyone kindly help me with pairing one cdmp3 aux with GID?
I took the GID and cdmp3 dumps from here, but seems that aux function is not active anymore on my cd mp3. They work ok without errors, but no aux function.
Now i have two options: add somehow the aux function to the cdmp3 dump posted here or pair the original cdmp3 aux with the dump posted here, which is already programmed and working on GID.
Atached.
radio.zip with 24c32 and 93c66 (original dump with aux and dump posted here for GID)
radio1.zip with 24c32 (dump posted here for cdmp3 without aux)

Thank you!

Here are your CD30's unregistered, choose the one you need and pair using 4815

wbr

julian36
18th January, 2018, 03:02 PM
Hi. Thank you! Will give a try and get back !

julian36
18th January, 2018, 09:37 PM
Hi

Worked like a charm.
Thank you!