PDA

View Full Version : Is this the best 80's song EVER..?

opsmonkey
25th July, 2009, 06:15 AM
I think it is.. mainly beacause she's after a man like me..

YouTube - holding out for a hero Bonnie Tyler

zaphodbb
25th July, 2009, 07:48 AM
well ops like the song but always thought she looked like rod stewart in drag myself, this is my pick laura branigan its a shame she was a beautiful woman and a great singer but sadly died on 26th august 2004. but i loved this song. and the bonus is my video comes with chips

YouTube - Laura Branigan - Gloria - LIVE @ CHiPs (20.02.1983)

forntida
25th July, 2009, 09:23 AM
It is all down to personal taste. there wasn't very many great 80's records. IMO this one takes some beating;

YouTube - R.E.M ~ Everybody Hurts (Live)

zaphodbb
25th July, 2009, 09:31 AM
It is all down to personal taste. there wasn't very many great 80's records. IMO this one takes some beating;

YouTube - R.E.M ~ Everybody Hurts (Live) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uF3cbTAmac)

yes great song comes under music to slash your wrists and blow your brains out. but good choice forntida its relevant to us all....
sometimes http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee10/Marciasmess5/Emoticons/crying.gif

ste6106
25th July, 2009, 11:02 AM
i'll throw this one in...

YouTube - Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry/Get Away

chroma
25th July, 2009, 01:27 PM
YouTube - Billy Idol - White Wedding (Parts 1 & 2 - Shotgun Mix)

Billy idol dissagrees with you all.

thered
25th July, 2009, 01:56 PM
all good songs especially chroma's i like that its a classic

apart from ste6016 wtf are you on good song my arse lol

hard choice i like the 80's duran duran,adam ant and all that but i will go for this

YouTube - Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Don't Do It)

Mr Pumpy
25th July, 2009, 05:09 PM
Rock The Casbah on Yahoo! Video

thered
25th July, 2009, 05:50 PM
Rock The Casbah on Yahoo! Video (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/18573/733621)

good choice pumps

melloned
26th July, 2009, 12:07 AM
I think it is.. mainly beacause she's after a man like me..

YouTube - holding out for a hero Bonnie Tyler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_HsjpSVaI)
:hmmmm2: Each to their own mate ,i thought this song should be in the 10 worst 80's songs ! :beheaded: , a great decade for music though !

chroma
26th July, 2009, 12:37 AM
CAUSE YOUR FRIENDS DONT DANCE! AND IF THEY DONT DANCE... WELL THEY'RE NO FRIENDS OF MINE!
YouTube - Safety Dance- Men Without Hats

Mr Pumpy
26th July, 2009, 09:42 AM
CAUSE YOUR FRIENDS DONT DANCE! AND IF THEY DONT DANCE... WELL THEY'RE NO FRIENDS OF MINE!

Great song...and a good video too.

krazylegz
26th July, 2009, 09:56 AM
some classics listed in here this was one of my favourites

YouTube - Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar

along with
YouTube - Simple Minds - Belfast Child

ste6106
26th July, 2009, 10:44 AM
Thered, Chicago rock, lol

thered
26th July, 2009, 01:03 PM
~~~~ me i have been naive and missed the greatest band of the 80's bar none

YouTube - The Smiths - What Difference Does It Make ?

or

YouTube - The Smiths - There is a light that never goes out

or big mouth strikes again

YouTube - the smiths - whistle test

or

YouTube - The Smiths 'This Charming Man' 1983

~~~~ me i could go on all day i wiil give myself a clap :congrats:

btw good choices krazy

Lainie
26th July, 2009, 08:23 PM
id prob make this thread a mile long if i listed all my favourites. some crackers posted already. jeeso i had a frankie said relax t shirt. got it for a blackpool weekend away lol. omfg that was a few years ago lol. i liked a song called feels like heaven by fiction factory but not sure when that was out.

u2's with or without you is 80's
van halen - jump
cher - if i could turn back time (will let the guys post the video lol)
deacon blue- dignity
reo speedwagon - keep on loving you
journey - open arms
michael sembello - manic

theres a few lol

forntida
26th July, 2009, 08:26 PM
id prob make this thread a mile long if i listed all my favourites. some crackers posted already. jeeso i had a frankie said relax t shirt. got it for a blackpool weekend away lol. omfg that was a few years ago lol. i liked a song called feels like heaven by fiction factory but not sure when that was out.

u2's with or without you is 80's
van halen - jump
cher - if i could turn back time (will let the guys post the video lol)
deacon blue- dignity
reo speedwagon - keep on loving you
journey - open arms
michael sembello - manic

theres a few lol

1984 Lainie. Not that I knew that fact. I have all the books next to my desk.lol

Bulld0g
26th July, 2009, 08:29 PM
I must be in a minority. i thought in the main the 80's was a shite decade for music and fashion. I'm a 70's pup meself lol

forntida
26th July, 2009, 08:41 PM
I must be in a minority. i thought in the main the 80's was a shite decade for music and fashion. I'm a 70's pup meself lol

You are right it wasn't exactly awe inspiring, but each to their own.
If you take the Beatles out off the sixties* I would say that was the best decade.

That statement will make me as popular as a fart in a space suit. Just remember I lived through the 60's etc. The Beatles, Lulu, Tom Jones etc were all in the right place at the right time. There were better bands, singers around at that time who did not get the recognition.:vroam:

Bulld0g
26th July, 2009, 08:47 PM
Like you say m8 each to their own, i personally thought the Beatles were a class act. Evergreen music :) Loved the Stones too. Who woud you say were better than them and why ?

forntida
26th July, 2009, 08:58 PM
Like you say m8 each to their own, i personally thought the Beatles were a class act. Evergreen music :) Loved the Stones too. Who woud you say were better than them and why ?

The Stones by a country mile. Anyone who stood at the wall in a dance floor when 'Satisfaction' was playing had to be deaf. The Stones had the beat whereas, IMO, the Beatles beat was only in their name.:)

Lainie
26th July, 2009, 10:16 PM
YouTube - feels like heaven fiction factory

Curious123
26th July, 2009, 10:50 PM
Sorry but have to disagree with all of you but this is the best song ever from the 80's soppy and corny yes but still the best. Cool chat up lines were never quite my thing but played this song to the future wife and she was like putty afterwards.

YouTube - PENNY LOVER Lionel Richie Jr.