PDA

View Full Version : pc will not scandisk

davmac
25th July, 2009, 09:29 AM
hi.can any one tell me why when i try and do a diskscan my pc cancels it . i start by clicking on my computerlpropties/tools and scandisc, which should start the next time i turn on my pc,i do this and get the blue screen saying that it is going to preform a scan, it would normally start in about 15 sec however it tells me that the scan has been cancelled and the pc boots up,any ideas
thanks.

firemouth
25th July, 2009, 11:38 AM
hi.can any one tell me why when i try and do a diskscan my pc cancels it . i start by clicking on my computerlpropties/tools and scandisc, which should start the next time i turn on my pc,i do this and get the blue screen saying that it is going to preform a scan, it would normally start in about 15 sec however it tells me that the scan has been cancelled and the pc boots up,any ideas
thanks.

its, usually a corruption error on the file allocation table. go the the hdd manufacturer, and download their own utility (often booting into linux) run the app and, hopefully, it should solve the problem. if not, your hdd is fcuked. whilst it, may, be possible to recover some of the files.
the hdd isn't a Maxdor or seagate, is it? blue screen errors seem, quite, common on these drives. so much so, i would advise, anybody, to be very careful when purchasing an hdd. atm.

davmac
26th July, 2009, 06:57 PM
ok i will look into that and thanks again for the info