PDA

View Full Version : Anyone help me?

c_charles
25th July, 2009, 04:14 PM
I wanna to change the official plugin server address in Plugin Download pannel, who can tell me how to do it ?

device: DM500S with Gemini 4.6 image

Another question:

I unpacked the G-image under ubuntu system but I found the repacked image could not work even I just do unpack-repack with no changes, the new image was failure, why?

c_charles
27th July, 2009, 05:53 PM
anyone knows it?

despdan
28th July, 2009, 10:33 AM
I wanna to change the official plugin server address in Plugin Download pannel, who can tell me how to do it ? You can setup your own via the manual option just below the gemini one.

Another question:

I unpacked the G-image under ubuntu system but I found the repacked image could not work even I just do unpack-repack with no changes, the new image was failure, why?How did you unpack .img ? or did you just copy the complete file system with ubuntu?

c_charles
28th July, 2009, 03:40 PM
thanks despdan,
I have one of image without official-server address in there, I wanted to add or change it.
regarding unpaking the image, I did it as following:
1, downloaded two linux packages from internet, one for unpacking one for packing. The main program named undreamboxfs and mkdreamboxfs.
2, backup and transfer my using img to ubuntu;
3, use undreamboxfs unpack the img;
4, I got a series directory , bin, etc, lib, ...,var, var_ini, etc.
5, after editing, use mkdreamboxfs to pack all these files as a new image
6, flash the new img to Dreambox.
If I try to edit a Gemini.img, it seemed always failed to start dreambox. But, I edit an Atmosphere.img successfully.
Why?

argh
25th October, 2009, 10:43 AM
for running own plugin server under bluebutton on gemini.

Config file: /var/tuxbox/config/useraddon.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

<item>
<item name="servername-in-menu" url="http://ip.adress.to.server/xml-file-containing-menu.xml"/>
</item>