PDA

View Full Version : How so you stop your ISP blocking sites you want to view?

Dreamer
1st June, 2015, 12:26 PM
:wavey:
I'm thinking of setting up XBMC on one of my laptops and having a tinker around with it and I might get an M8 box at a later date. BT are my ISP (had to move due to Vermin fkup) and they block a lot of sites. From what I've read you can use a VPN but that will slow everything down a bit.

I'm just wondering if any BT customers are using XBMC successfully without it going through VPN and managing to get sports and movie channels?

redeye094
2nd June, 2015, 08:21 PM
I have BT bb and use xbmc/kodi on laptop and iPhone and m8 box
not been blocked on any either with or without vpn

digicon
2nd June, 2015, 11:07 PM
Same here been using it for well over a Year with BT and all is fine, had to change addresses a couple of times but touch wood the last one was around 4 months ago

mikk
3rd June, 2015, 10:22 PM
I have been playing with opendns today attempting to bypass TT blocks. Its a bit flaky but kinda works, but my kodi is behind a wireless bridge so a straightforward AP router setup may work ok.

Dreamer
4th June, 2015, 10:07 AM
Same here been using it for well over a Year with BT and all is fine, had to change addresses a couple of times but touch wood the last one was around 4 months ago

when you say you changed addresses a couple of times, are you using a proxy or alternative dns? My setup is totally standard at present.

Thanks

MetalKettle
17th June, 2015, 12:58 PM
Make sure you turn off a parental control on your bt account

Dreamer
20th June, 2015, 01:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the help.

I had a problem with kodi installation and ended up going for an older version of xbmc gotham. I used an open dns address on my network card. installed vdubt25 for the uk sports channels. No other adjustments needed!!

Now have all the GOOD uk live sports channels. i've got a busy week ahead and I'll try adding in some other stuff next week but so far so good :)

thanks again.

mikk
21st June, 2015, 10:28 AM
ended up going for an older version of xbmc gotham. .
How do you find gotham for compatibility generally, a lot of stuff just doesnt work with the latest 'helix' ?

Dreamer
2nd July, 2015, 01:06 PM
How do you find gotham for compatibility generally, a lot of stuff just doesnt work with the latest 'helix' ?

I didn't have any luck with Helix. it kept crashing when I tried to go to the add-ons, the newest version "isengard" was still in beta and as I am a rookie at this I made the decision to go for an older tried and tested version of gotham.

luggs
25th October, 2015, 04:11 PM
Hi Thought I would post just started with a android tv box and also with BT checked if parental control is on or off mine is off getting problems connecting to a lot of links but so I am told normal for this to happen.

dick b
26th October, 2015, 03:54 PM
Hi Thought I would post just started with a android tv box and also with BT checked if parental control is on or off mine is off getting problems connecting to a lot of links but so I am told normal for this to happen.

you will find a lot of links and addons wont work but will soon find out the most reliable ones I"v got a couple of MX2s that I"ve converted to "openelec" and if you dont want all the android junk its fine as they boot straight to kodi,I"v found the helix 14.0 build to be the most stable.it can be a bit daunting to do to start with but there is plenty of info on the web if you google for it.I have some instructions for it somewhere and will dig them out and post.

nistleboy
29th October, 2015, 02:17 AM
There is a repo called the blackbox.i have been using it for 4 mths now and most stuff works.there is also a wizard which updates itself.
Well worth a look.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

digicon
29th October, 2015, 01:26 PM
I think that most of the links to icefilms where blocked by not only BT but also VM and all the other ISP's due to the court order, although some of the icefilms links do work as well as primewire the problem is they use the https protocol instead of http.

Obviously the latter one is secure and if you click it on a PC/laptop will work examples:

https://icefilms.unblocked.la/
https://primewire.unblocked.la/

The problem is getting the 'Secure' protocol to work on Kodi, I have tried Openelec most versions including the latest 'Jarvis' and also the Ubuntu version of Kodi in most forms and also tried some work around scripts but they still will not work for some reason.

Although Genesis is still preferred by most as well as SALTS and all these 'All in one' builds such as 'The Beast' and 'Blackbox' are just built around these scrapers which is why they work.

XmoDDeR
12th November, 2015, 09:15 AM
i see some in crusaders 88 adon from caribbean channels from jamaica they are Geo blocked any work around