PDA

View Full Version : fiesta siemens sid804 missfire when hot

purdy
3rd June, 2015, 09:00 AM
Hi all
I have a fiesta diesel with a Siemens sid804 ECU. engine misfires when hot. have swapped out injector and fault remains on number 1 . suspecting ECU fault.
I'm not experienced in these. there is a slight white deposit (possible water damaged ) on board.

1: do I clone the ecu to second hand ecu if so which eprom (s) to copy and where is it.
2: can I program SH ecu in with IDS does it need to be virgin first.
3: repair ECU do the injector drivers fail which one to replace.
4: None of the above
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=316324&stc=1http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=316323&stc=1
advise please
may thanks Purdy

purdy
6th June, 2015, 12:34 AM
Any one ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ominimicu
6th June, 2015, 01:26 AM
I d go for option 1. U have to write or swap full flash on new ecu. there i sno eeprom. immo is on BSI eeprom

cosmin12345
6th June, 2015, 12:27 PM
Hello , why u dont use a dmm and identify wich drivers dont work .Measure wires frominjector to ecu and locate wich driver.Change them and retest. You should use IDS to clone or to swap ecu .Ford is using rolling code for immo betwen dash and ecu and is very posible to have a mismatch .

purdy
14th June, 2015, 08:37 PM
Solved. This was for one of my vehicles so needed to keep costs down
Found a second hand ecu. Matched to dash with ids pats functions. Needed to program keys back in. Used truecode for this as it is easier than ids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

furburger
27th March, 2016, 06:21 PM
I have similar problem, constant misfire. 1 year back, I tested all wiring to injectors & had injectors themselves tested - all OK. Fitted used ECU via IDS & was fine for 1 year , now same problem., 1 injector ( no 4 ) showing as faulty - a 2nd replacement ECU today gives same DTC - so to repair a driver in ECU - how is that done ?

Also , re: cloning there is a 93C46 e2p ( or similar) on the flip side of the PCB.